Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't they discussing the suggestion of a special arrangement for NI whereby it remained in the single market after the rest of UK left? Didnt he say that if the rest of the UK opted for a hard brexit that had to cover NI too (albeit with a "soft border").
I'm not sure mate had it on in the background and thought I heard Peston say the DUP wanted a hard Brexit but wanted to retain a soft border with The Republic it's why I asked as some earlier posters were saying the DUP were for staying in the EU

Exactly. Either May or her advisors decided it was a foregone conclusion that they would win a big majority and decided to stick things in the manifesto that they knew would be unpopular but they wanted to use this opportunity to drive through - fox hunting for example. I mean ffs, all that's going on in the world and they decided that re-introducing fox hunting was worth even mentioning in the campaign. They offered nothing to make people look forward to the future, just more corporate style 'cost cutting' governance where the majority of people would be screwed. I started this election campaign without a question that I would vote tory. They totally drove me away with their miserable campaign and to give Corbyn credit his manifesto may have been overly optimistic but at least it was optimistic and you could accept he genuinely believed in what he was proposing and that it was for people's benefit rather than just reeling off soundbites from strategists.

Spot on. May took the opportunity to put shit in there, based on a mistaken belief that she was invincible.

Just googled them - I am.
You're happy with a party that terrorise school children (Google, Holy Cross)

you're happy with a party that is anti-abortion

you're happy with a party that is against LGBT rights

you're happy with a party that are climate change deniers

???

Pensioners gave May a kicking over her proposal to scrap the triple-lock pension increase.

Young voters who have never worked and never paid taxes mainly voted Labour.

The reduction in police numbers fell squarely at the ex-Home Secretary's door.

Corbyn gained from all these things, not from his policies.
Typical Tory response, may did shite because of her not so good manifesto, no show on face to face debates because she knew she wouldn't beat Mr corbyn on it , she was drinking tea on a sports field while he was out campaigning, she should do the decent thing and fuck off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.