Post Match Thread | Manchester City vs Crystal Palace (LC)

Meanwhile over at the swamp, 4hrs+ without a goal. Man U supporters must feel like eunochs; they know its all happening next door but they're not getting any of it.

It's easy to get carried away, but still some issues defensively. Palace created a lot of opportunities and the danger remains that if we go 1-0 down (or 2-0) as we did against West Ham, we might not go on to score so many. It was again due to midfield runners not being picked up. I saw Yaya allow runners past him a couple of times. That's still something that shouldn't be happening. Whilst we're winning so comfortably it's easily ignored, but I hope we recognise the time and place for balance in the side, as Sunday's derby lineup suggested.

It's easy to get carried away, but still some issues defensively. Palace created a lot of opportunities and the danger remains that if we go 1-0 down (or 2-0) as we did against West Ham, we might not go on to score so many. It was again due to midfield runners not being picked up. I saw Yaya allow runners past him a couple of times. That's still something that shouldn't be happening. Whilst we're winning so comfortably it's easily ignored, but I hope we recognise the time and place for balance in the side, as Sunday's derby lineup suggested.

Toure has been great for us and remains a superb player. However I'm finding it harder to see him as an automatic start any more. If we go with two holding midfielders and two wide players he isn't suited for either of those roles. When Silva is fit he fills the attacking midfield slot.

It's really only with some variant of 4-4-2 (like 4-1-3-1-1) that he fits and we cannot afford that system in big European games.

Sometimes great players just don't easily fit managerial tactical preferences. He still is a great player though and in the right system he'd be tearing things up.

I may be able to get hold of the highlights mate, let me see what i can digg up for you.
Cheers, I've just watched them on Channel 5 Demand but can't record off there. Starts off moaning about the size of the crowd and finishes with them bleating that Pardew was too hard on his team by saying City deserved a five goal win. We didn't apparently according to them.

Meanwhile over at the swamp, 4hrs+ without a goal. Man U supporters must feel like eunochs; they know its all happening next door but they're not getting any of it.
loss-is-gain.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.