Post QPR Celebrations

My recollection is that town was absolute shite. Lots of boozers locked down etc. Learnt a lesson that day to swerve town in those circumstances and head to a friendly local boozer in the suburbs

Head further up the road from City and try The Grove or The Halfway House. Football friendly Holts’ pubs.

That night was the same as after the Newcastle game in 68 by the time l had driven home ( no motorways then to North Wales ) l was shattered a couple of pints then bed

Think it took about an hour for me to come out of shock ! I was mentally and physically knackered and I was only watching with my kid brother , dad and my son at my dads flat in sunny margate.

We drove back to my house which was about 10 minutes away, parked up. And walked towards our house. What I remember was the streets were empty very quite for about 7pm as I lived by traffic lights on a main road.

As we stood by the lights a car pulled up to our left it had City flags and scarfs flying from it ! We than all started a very load version of bluemoon and champions champions. Than walked into our house.

I spent the evening watching the Aguerooooooooo moment over and over again on my pc expecting Sergio to miss every time !

Than at about 8'ish the very big utd fan (lived round the corner ) who had muscles on top of muscles knocked on my door. My lad said "you arent going to answer are you dad ?" lol. I did answer it and he shock my hand and said " well done you deserved it ".

I think it took the best part of a week for what had happened to sink in.

Similar to others . Met our kid , nephews and mates outside City at Home , Hugged each other and made our way back into town . Decided on Soup Kitchen as our destination for the 1st pint , great choice , quiet so we could all re- charge our batteries, regale our experiences and toast lost blues . A little side note , my 80 yr old died in the wool dad had given my nephew £20 to buy everyone a Beer , think it bought 4 out of 10 of us a beer ,bless him . After a drink & some food it was party time in OUR city ! Well not as easy as you would think , tried one bar , nah sorry lads , tried to get in Common , nah not with colours lads ( 1 lad had a city flag) so we tried Cord , result ! It was only serving bottled beer , urinals were overflowing but what a great night. Singing all night , first time we all did the Yaya song . Great night

That night was the same as after the Newcastle game in 68 by the time l had driven home ( no motorways then to North Wales ) l was shattered a couple of pints then bed

Same here.. was driving as the kids were younger then. When Aguero scored I must have dropped 3 rows in front. My son who was 7 at the time just didn’t know how much that moment felt and what it meant. I was shattered when I got home. Couple of beers then bed as was working as like a dick didn’t book the next day off work.

Wife thought I would be missing for a week... but was so traumatised by the whole thing went home after just one pint in town. Took me about 3 days to get my head round it. Later years we're much better for celebrating!!

Similar to others . Met our kid , nephews and mates outside City at Home , Hugged each other and made our way back into town . Decided on Soup Kitchen as our destination for the 1st pint , great choice , quiet so we could all re- charge our batteries, regale our experiences and toast lost blues . A little side note , my 80 yr old died in the wool dad had given my nephew £20 to buy everyone a Beer , think it bought 4 out of 10 of us a beer ,bless him . After a drink & some food it was party time in OUR city ! Well not as easy as you would think , tried one bar , nah sorry lads , tried to get in Common , nah not with colours lads ( 1 lad had a city flag) so we tried Cord , result ! It was only serving bottled beer , urinals were overflowing but what a great night. Singing all night , first time we all did the Yaya song . Great night

The like is for your old man ST :-)

I had to spend it with my rag ex wife, face like a pan of piss with her faux congratulations etc etc , I consoled myself with watching the game with a big fuck off kebab, a few bottles of ice cold beers and a smug as fuck look on my face ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.