Post Something Interesting

8cm live worm found in woman's brain here in Oz.
Took Docs ages to decide what was giving her symptoms, till they opened her head up and found it wriggling.

She apparently got the parasite from eating wild spinach leaves which had probably been shat on by a snake which was given the parasite from eating mice.

It managed to get from her gut to her head.

That made the news over here and it is one of the weirdest things I've ever read. It's still alive and she will make a full recovery !!

George Michael loved The Beatles.
This was to the extent that in October 2000, Michael spent $2.1 million on late Beatles leader John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ piano at auction. Outbidding Robbie Williams and the Gallagher brothers for the upright Steinway piano, the singer told People following the purchase: “As a songwriter, it’s such an amazing thing to own, and as far as paying the $2.1million, it’s worth every penny.”

At 9.00pm GMT last night I watched my Granddaughter, who is in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada play football for her University team Acadia Uni nicknamed the Axe Women!! She scored a goal in the first five minutes but unfortunately they had some 'technical difficulties' so I didn't see it but I saw most of the rest of the game.

Technology is wonderful sometimes. She's playing again on Sunday. Same time same channel. :-)

Plus another thing (could be interesting or not) I was talking to a cousin of mine over here a couple of weeks ago about the fact that I used to play football with the lads and we got into a discussion about the fact that sometimes we called it Football and sometimes Soccer when we were kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.