Post your favorite TV shows.

ctidcarl said:
Burn It (SADLY missed)

and bizarrely....

Dating In The Dark on Living TV

Now, to justify myself, I always thought this would be a real "girlie" show when I saw it advertised, but.......

In a nutshell, it involves 3 lads and 3 girls who have a series of dates in pitch black - they cannot see their own hand in front of their own face!!

They get to know each others personalities over these series of dates and then they have the ultimate decision of if they want to "see" each other in light for 20 seconds!!

the amount of times these people fancy each others personalities in the dark yet when they actually see them in the light they literally go "yuk" is unbelievable!!

Breaks peoples hearts and is cracking "car crash" tv!!!

Fuck me I bet you`re missing Cilla as well from BLIND DATE !!!

oakiecokie said:
ctidcarl said:
Burn It (SADLY missed)

and bizarrely....

Dating In The Dark on Living TV

Now, to justify myself, I always thought this would be a real "girlie" show when I saw it advertised, but.......

In a nutshell, it involves 3 lads and 3 girls who have a series of dates in pitch black - they cannot see their own hand in front of their own face!!

They get to know each others personalities over these series of dates and then they have the ultimate decision of if they want to "see" each other in light for 20 seconds!!

the amount of times these people fancy each others personalities in the dark yet when they actually see them in the light they literally go "yuk" is unbelievable!!

Breaks peoples hearts and is cracking "car crash" tv!!!

Fuck me I bet you`re missing Cilla as well from BLIND DATE !!!

Ha Ha - fair comment!!

But it shits all over Blind Date and anything else of its ilk!!

Cilla would very rarely be needing a hat with this show!!

Stuart said:
Curb Your Enthusiasm is the funniest comedy currently on T.V .

Bwahahaha....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcf2CO65lf4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3lwPd-GGn4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIIR2g3HAE8[/youtube]

I don't know how I left out this show. This has got to be one of the best shows ever made. He reminds myself of me so much sometimes.

If anyone has not watched curb your enthusiasm go watch it now!

My favorite one is when he yells at the lady in the ice cream store. "YOU CAN'T ABUSE THE TASTE TESTING PRIVILEGES IN THE TASTE TESTING LINE"

This truly is one of the greatest shows ever made. Without him Jerry Seinfeld would be nothing. I mean have you seen Seinfeld's latest TV show? 'The Marriage Ref'. Basically a couple comes on the show, and a panel of celebrities who have been through at least 10 divorces themselves give them marriage advice...

Six feet under.
Homicide life on the street.
Without a trace.
Nip/tuck.
Cracker.
Prime suspect.
Sons of Anarchy.

N-Word-Joe said:
The Office ...... !! ..... (AMERICAN VERSION ONLY)

i cant believe this has got to 3 pages without it being mentioned ! it one of the best shows of all time !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theofficefree.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theofficefree.com</a> ..... every episode, i extremely recommend you watch it - season 1 isnt the best - but from 2 until 6 is awesome .....

WARNING ! comes with a risk of addiction !
I definitely mentioned it on mine. Beats the UK version hands down.

HongKongBluey said:
I don't know if we have had one of these before. But I am running out of things to watch. I was wondering if you guys come recommend some shows. These are my favorites

Comedy:

Arrested Development *
30 Rock*
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia* (Piss your pants funny)
Weeds
Better off ted
Modern Family
Entourage
Community*
Breaking Bad
Lost
The Wire (Season 1, Oh My god season 1)

Jesus, I watch too much TV. Anyway, I hoped I saved one of you from a boring night. But seriously, any one of those comedy selections are gold, especially the ones with the star.

Any suggestions?

Ha, man you have very similar taste to me. Those shows above are brilliant.

I made a thread a few months ago that you should check out. It's a bit of an essay, but you might just find interesting.

I didn't really go into how good Always Sunny is on that thread. It was someone on here that got me onto it, and i'm hero to my mates for taking it to them.

Here's a few more shows no one has mentioned for your viewing pleasure:

Sons of Anarchy - Sopranos-esque Biker Gang Family drama. Not just focusing on the crime element, but also the surrounding people. very good show, dark and funny, and stars the legendary Ron Pearlman.

Dexter - A child with a compulsive need to kill is raised by a cop who teaches him to cover his tracks and only kill murderers who slipped through the legal system. this child is dexter, as an adult he becomes part of the forensic team at miami pd and uses that cover to carry out his serial killings. again dark and funny in places, but totally engaging. series 1 and series 4 are some of the most compelling tv i've ever seen for sure.

Nurse Jackie - starring Edie Falco from the Sopranos, on the same network that makes Dexter and Weeds. sometimes directed by steve buscemi. Jackie Peyton is a drug addict nurse in New York, she has an idyllic family life, dutiful husband and two young girls. she's fucking the pharmacist at the hospital to access the good shit from the stockroom. she's also a brilliant nurse, cutting through the bureaucratic bullshit with a machete. brilliantly juxtaposed drama.

Bored To Death - HBO comedy from last year starring heavy hitting hollywood trio Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis. about an alcoholic novelist with writers block who moonlights as a hapless private detective for inspiration. it started off kinda ropey but i persevered because i have a man crush on JS. found its feet towards the end of series 1 and just been renewed for season 2.

Eastbound and Down - funny as fuck 6 part HBO comedy show, with Danny McBride as a washed up baseball star. produced by and sometimes starring Will Ferrell. a brilliant 3 hours of TV for any Always Sunny fan. brilliant cameo from Craig Robinson (Daryl from The Office US)

Flight of The Conchords - Genius. If you've not seen it or heard of it, wtf? see it now.

Freaks and Geeks - launched the careers of Seth Rogen, Jason Segal, Judd Apatow and James Franco. great coming of age drama.

Party Down - another great anarchic comedy. scene stolen regularly by jane lynch, recently in rolemodels and glee.

The League - criminally ignored 6 part comedy that aired after Always Sunny on FX about friends running a fantasy US football league. fucking funny.

preposterous premise time: Lie to Me, The Mentalist and Psych. dark, mixed and comedic drama detective shows centering around a main character with a skill of being able to tell when people are lying. Tim Roth in Lie To Me is amazing.

The Kill Point - John Leguizamo and Donnie Wahlberg in a one off 8 part explosive high concept TV Drama about a bank job gone wrong and subsequent hostage negotiation. carried by strong lead actors and compelling plot, this is well worth an evening of your time.

Trailer Park Boys - again similar humour to Always Sunny, but about canadian trailer park trash. one for you and your mates for sure.

Police Squad - CLASSIC.

That's it from me!

AK4YL out. Peace.

Curb your enthusiasm
Eastbound and down
The american office
Trueblood
Glee
The tudors
The sopranos
The wire
Only fools and horses
Flight of the Conchords
The shield
V
Boys from the black stuff
Sons of anarchy (season 2 awesome)
Bored to death

Californication-Showtime comedy starring David Duchovny (xfiles). Hilarious from the first episode. Three seasons so far and a fourth already green lighted.
House
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Ashes to Ashes/Life on Mars
Law & Order Special Victims Unit
X-Files
Millennium
South Park
Modern Family

Alan Kernaghan's 40yd Lob said:
HongKongBluey said:
I don't know if we have had one of these before. But I am running out of things to watch. I was wondering if you guys come recommend some shows. These are my favorites

Comedy:

Arrested Development *
30 Rock*
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia* (Piss your pants funny)
Weeds
Better off ted
Modern Family
Entourage
Community*
Breaking Bad
Lost
The Wire (Season 1, Oh My god season 1)

Jesus, I watch too much TV. Anyway, I hoped I saved one of you from a boring night. But seriously, any one of those comedy selections are gold, especially the ones with the star.

Any suggestions?

Ha, man you have very similar taste to me. Those shows above are brilliant.

I made a thread a few months ago that you should check out. It's a bit of an essay, but you might just find interesting.

I didn't really go into how good Always Sunny is on that thread. It was someone on here that got me onto it, and i'm hero to my mates for taking it to them.

Here's a few more shows no one has mentioned for your viewing pleasure:

Sons of Anarchy - Sopranos-esque Biker Gang Family drama. Not just focusing on the crime element, but also the surrounding people. very good show, dark and funny, and stars the legendary Ron Pearlman.

Dexter - A child with a compulsive need to kill is raised by a cop who teaches him to cover his tracks and only kill murderers who slipped through the legal system. this child is dexter, as an adult he becomes part of the forensic team at miami pd and uses that cover to carry out his serial killings. again dark and funny in places, but totally engaging. series 1 and series 4 are some of the most compelling tv i've ever seen for sure.

Nurse Jackie - starring Edie Falco from the Sopranos, on the same network that makes Dexter and Weeds. sometimes directed by steve buscemi. Jackie Peyton is a drug addict nurse in New York, she has an idyllic family life, dutiful husband and two young girls. she's fucking the pharmacist at the hospital to access the good shit from the stockroom. she's also a brilliant nurse, cutting through the bureaucratic bullshit with a machete. brilliantly juxtaposed drama.

Bored To Death - HBO comedy from last year starring heavy hitting hollywood trio Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis. about an alcoholic novelist with writers block who moonlights as a hapless private detective for inspiration. it started off kinda ropey but i persevered because i have a man crush on JS. found its feet towards the end of series 1 and just been renewed for season 2.

Eastbound and Down - funny as fuck 6 part HBO comedy show, with Danny McBride as a washed up baseball star. produced by and sometimes starring Will Ferrell. a brilliant 3 hours of TV for any Always Sunny fan. brilliant cameo from Craig Robinson (Daryl from The Office US)

Flight of The Conchords - Genius. If you've not seen it or heard of it, wtf? see it now.

Freaks and Geeks - launched the careers of Seth Rogen, Jason Segal, Judd Apatow and James Franco. great coming of age drama.

Party Down - another great anarchic comedy. scene stolen regularly by jane lynch, recently in rolemodels and glee.

The League - criminally ignored 6 part comedy that aired after Always Sunny on FX about friends running a fantasy US football league. fucking funny.

preposterous premise time: Lie to Me, The Mentalist and Psych. dark, mixed and comedic drama detective shows centering around a main character with a skill of being able to tell when people are lying. Tim Roth in Lie To Me is amazing.

THE KILL POINT - John Leguizamo and Donnie Wahlberg in a one off 8 part explosive high concept TV Drama about a bank job gone wrong and subsequent hostage negotiation. carried by strong lead actors and compelling plot, this is well worth an evening of your time.

Trailer Park Boys - again similar humour to Always Sunny, but about canadian trailer park trash. one for you and your mates for sure.

Police Squad - CLASSIC.

That's it from me!

AK4YL out. Peace.

Agree with you pal.The Kill Point was very good.
Another one that aired on FX(I think) UNDERBELLY.About a notorious gang in Australia in the 80`s and early 90`s.Another one well worth a watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.