Postgame interview with steven ireland

jerseyblue

He basically blamed the loss on caicedo and richards for fucking up those chances in front of goal

he's been miles away our player of the year this season but afraid he didn't show up tonight.

seriously richards should really really learn how to pass the ball and cross the ball
Oh and what is with the final part when he is basically standing there? I thought one of his strengths (might be his only strength) is his physical capability.

I don't blame Ireland for naming names. There is no need for him to be polite, like last time and say 'some players' etc etc. If Richards and Caicedo wern't so weak when it's needed, then we would have won.

Caicedo was OK...nothing special, had his moments. Richards on the other hand is a disgrace. He is a right back, supposedly. Why the fuck does he have so much trouble staying in position. I just wish he wouldn't fancy himself as a winger/striker/whatever...as soon as he makes a run, I just think 'oh God...here we go again'. He cannot pass, he cannot shoot. IMO he should not be in our team, until he gets back on form...or at all tbh.

Cal said:
Caicedo was OK...nothing special, had his moments. Richards on the other hand is a disgrace. He is a right back, supposedly. Why the fuck does he have so much trouble staying in position. I just wish he wouldn't fancy himself as a winger/striker/whatever...as soon as he makes a run, I just think 'oh God...here we go again'. He cannot pass, he cannot shoot. IMO he should not be in our team, until he gets back on form...or at all tbh.

I've been a huge hater of Richards but I thought, aside from missing a blinder he was good. He was tired as fuck from nonstop sprinting for 70ish minutes, yet in the 90th minute he showed a lot of will and courage to keep that ball in play and win that courage. That told me a lot about him.

jerseyblue said:
He basically blamed the loss on caicedo and richards for fucking up those chances in front of goal

If thats what he said then I couldnt have put it better myself. I was sat in the North Stand and those two misses were horendous. Oh for someone like the Goat on a night like tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.