Posting pictures or gifs

I’m trying to send a little video to my daughter, (but I keep getting a message the file is to big)
it’s not really big just a little song, I can always post a you tube video on here I know how to do it.
So how can I make a file smaller to send through messenger off an I phone please anyone

I’m trying to send a little video to my daughter, (but I keep getting a message the file is to big)
it’s not really big just a little song, I can always post a you tube video on here I know how to do it.
So how can I make a file smaller to send through messenger off an I phone please anyone
The youtube method will probably be the most straightforward way. I'm not sure how you'd reduce the size of a video file. Also, I'm on android, not iPhone.

Mine may not be an I phone I don’t know what it is I can’t post the video to you tube it’s young children singing that’s not allowed. Xmas concert.
Just been told it’s an iPhone 13 mini so thanks will keep trying to find the icon that reduces a file

done the crime, served the time
time to move on ... yes or no?

Mine may not be an I phone I don’t know what it is I can’t post the video to you tube it’s young children singing that’s not allowed. Xmas concert.
Just been told it’s an iPhone 13 mini so thanks will keep trying to find the icon that reduces a file
If you can both use email (and it's still not too big) send it via that using WiFi or WhatsApp?

Edit: BTW you can reduce the size (and quality) in the settings before you shoot a video, but there's nothing built in as far as I can see for after the fact.

Last edited:
If you can both use email (and it's still not too big) send it via that using WiFi or WhatsApp?

Edit: BTW you can reduce the size (and quality) in the settings before you shoot a video, but there's nothing built in as far as I can see for after the fact.
Thankyou
I think that’s the problem we made the file to big. Never mind it’s a recently bought phone and he doesn’t ever read the instructions because it’s to complicated.
Same as myself it took me months to learn how to post pics and you tube videos on here. Now I’m pretty good at it.

One day I may work out what the symbols are above this post.
the B may be bold type? I must experiment with them

Thankyou
I think that’s the problem we made the file to big. Never mind it’s a recently bought phone and he doesn’t ever read the instructions because it’s to complicated.
Same as myself it took me months to learn how to post pics and you tube videos on here. Now I’m pretty good at it.

One day I may work out what the symbols are above this post.
the B may be bold type? I must experiment with them
The 'B' is indeed 'Bold' and if you click on the 3 vertical dots (there's 3 lots of them) you'll see even more options. There are also drop downs for some options to expand the possibilities :)

Try highlighting all of a post and then setting the 'Alignment' as 'Align right' if you want to trigger the more 'ordered' minds on here ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.