PPI Offer

Chipmeister said:
I do not have any origional paperwork, left the uk 9 yrs ago.

Do have policy number and a statement of mortgage but nothing on credit cards

you'll still need to make a subject access request, it can be done from outside England, but as the poster above mentioned it will cost you a tenner.

If you can spare the phone bill, it may be worth calling them and asking if you ever had PPI, if you didn't it will save you the time and the tenner of applying.

But as I said previously, this is all intuitive. I've never claimed myself.

edit: your best bet is probably moneysavingexpert or the consumer action group forums.

They'll definitely know more about your situation.

I only posted on this thread initially because I'm ok at maths :-)

If it helps bud I've just had 7200 quid off the Halifax on ppi ..9 seperate counts took there first offer...what you have not had you will not miss...don't be greedy..

dr mcfc is mine said:
If it helps bud I've just had 7200 quid off the Halifax on ppi ..9 seperate counts took there first offer...what you have not had you will not miss...don't be greedy..

I just can`t make my mind up, should i stick or twist, i know if i tell them it`s not enough i would probably get a little bit more, but they estimate it can take 6 months plus if you decline the first offer.

I`m thinking i might just take the 900+ and that`s pretty much Christmas sorted :)

Anyone accepted their offers that posted on here.

I got letter from Financial Ombudsman beginning of November to say claim had been successful and expect an offer from HSBC within 8 weeks.

Rang HSBC and they couldn't help me although they are parent company had to speak to First Direct who loan and credit card was with. Rang them last night was told PPI department had closed for day to ring back today. Rang back today and was told the PPI department don't work on Saturday. Was put on hold then girl came back on phone saying there were no details of any offer yet as letter had only been received from Financial Ombudsman this week and would be roughly 4 weeks before offer would be made and if accepted another 4 weeks.

They sent mine out without even asking me if i would accept or decline it mate, i just took the money and run so to speak.

If it wasn`t so close to Christmas i would probably have declined it, But all i could think was Christmas is sorted and put the cheque in the bank.

bazbarrybazzer said:
They sent mine out without even asking me if i would accept or decline it mate, i just took the money and run so to speak.

If it wasn`t so close to Christmas i would probably have declined it, But all i could think was Christmas is sorted and put the cheque in the bank.

I would have done same mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.