Pre-Match at the Co-op Live

A huge amount of homes are being built in the area, so 2 or 3 years down the line it might be viable.

There’s lots of areas with lots of houses. Outside of town centres, the pub industry is virtually dead.

Anyone thinking about opening a new pub in a housing estate probably wants sectioning.

Read about 5 posts back from yours - last orders 2pm, event closes at 2:30. Giving everyone adequate time to get to their seats for KO
Aha, I must have missed that post. Sorry.

*Tongue in cheek time*. What if it’s a 2.00 ko or a 12.30 ko. Still 2.30 closing?
Daft half hour. Attending a funeral soon and need to keep a sense of humour. Sorry again.

Not with the coop arena and the etihad on your doorstep though

Well the Arena is obviously new but the area has had the football stadium on its doorstep for 20 years now.

Off the top of my head I think there were about 8 or 9 pubs within a few minutes walk when it opened. Now there’s what, three?

Well the Arena is obviously new but the area has had the football stadium on its doorstep for 20 years now.

Off the top of my head I think there were about 8 or 9 pubs within a few minutes walk when it opened. Now there’s what, three?
As the arena has more and more events it might be viable ? Depends what else might be on the campus ? Anyway i do agree to open a pub in the current climate is a huge risk.

It's just a change in society slightly off topic but from just before WW1 right up to the 70s they were building pubs at an unsustainable rate (they did the same with churches) prior to that sure they existed but not in that number, they were working under the assumption that a certain percentage of the population would visit pubs on a regular basis also people forget that the lunchtime trade used to be massive when lots of people had a couple of pints in their lunch break, then society changed, drink driving laws, workplaces unsurprisingly not happy with having halfcut workers, an expansion of the off trade etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.