Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can expect and intimidating atomosphere no doubt because this is Gladbach's first Champions League/ European Cup home game for around 30 years I think so I imagine a lot will be made of that in Germany with the fans and players buying into the buzz.

Absolute must win game though because a loss probably means we are going to have to beat Sevilla home and away, beat Gladbach at home and maybe just maybe having to go to Turin needing a result. Not ideal at all.

Well, we've played europa league two out of the last three seasons and CL qualification in 2012.

Though, of course we're buzzing and those two wins have given fans back some hope and the ability to just enjoy those games.

I mean, we're the underdogs anyways and everyone's talking about the group of death including Juve, City, Sevilla and that german team which used to be good a long time ago.

The change at the manger position has helped the lads to just go out, enjoy the game(and themselves) and show what kind of football they're able to play.

Right now I'd expect us to start like this.

--------------------Raffael-----Stindl------------------

-Johnson------------------------------------Herrmann-

-----------------------Xhaka----Dahoud-----------------

-Wendt-------Dominguez----Christensen---Jantschke/Korb-

---------------------------Sommer---------------------------

Jantschke has missed the past two games because of injury but would play, if healthy.
Both Raffael and Stindl are what we call 9.5's, as they're more offensive midfielders then typical strikers.

BTW: Why are you guys always bring up a friendly against Stuttgart?
That seemed to be the only game they were able to convert on their chances anyways and it just happens during preseason.

Which is why we should allow them to have the majority of the possession and hit them on the break.

We're certainly not dumb, playing posession based football(throughout the game) against you guys but we're aware that we can't just park the bus and let you do your thing. Especially with us being one of the better passing teams of the Bundesliga.

Anyways, here's hoping for a good game.

...................Hart
Sagna..Kompany..Otamendi..Kolarov
.................Fernando
Nasri..Fernandinho..De Bruyne..Sterling
...................Aguero

A draw would be a good result as the job now is to finish 2nd, and anything else is a bonus

I believe that the Germans will be Glad to see the Bach of us, come Wednesday night final whistle.

1-3. MOTM performance by Nasri or KDB or.....

Care to elucidate ?

Just our important players aren't 100% match fit or sharp and the atmosphere around the players seems abit tense and defeatist? Of course I hope I'm wrong but the last 2 weeks seem to have had abit of a negative effect on the squad

Huge game in terms of our group and re establishing some kind of form. Should be a great trip for all blues going out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.