Pre match thread : Borussia Monchengladbach away CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I call a warm welcome

We have performed quiet good past season, even took the points from Bayern, but:

Gladbach is by far poorer than Dortmund or Bayern. The interim coach is the U23 coach, Stranzl missing as well as Jantschke. We lost two A national players (Kramer and Kruse).

For sure I hope for a win, but that really isn't that important to me right now.

Don't like the steroetypes you described, don't like stereotypeing (is there such a word?) at all.

I am looking forward to see you and your team in Borussia Park and really hope that we'll see two teams fighting with no slaughter for one or the other.

Cheers mate. Ignore the assholes.

TBH I hope Yaya isn't fit as I think the team in the Champions League is stronger without him that's just my opinion anyway.

Hart

Zaba Kompany Otamendi Kolarov

Fernando Fernandinho

De Bruyne Silva Sterling

Aguero

Must win game no questions asked and these German boys are classed as the whipping boys of the group. Fancy a nice 3-1 win Come On City.

...................Hart
Sagna..Kompany..Otamendi..Kolarov
.................Fernando
Nasri..Fernandinho..De Bruyne..Sterling
...................Aguero

A draw would be a good result as the job now is to finish 2nd, and anything else is a bonus

Why is the job now to finish 2nd? Yes Pellers screwed us pretty well with his Crystal Palace lineup and the resulting loss to Juve but we still have a shot at winning the group. IMO its the only way we get out or the first knockout round.

What's the chances of a clinical 1 - 0 away win. It's about time we started playing for results instead of trying to win best footballing team prize !

Hey Marvin
I remember the game at Mr 1979 for a couple of reasons
The first was when a convoy of Germans chased our school bus on the A57 back to Dane Bank Denton no idea how we managed to upset them or how they found us, and second
A couple of them charging over to the Kippax with a West German flag trying to goad all one and all before the game started before running away from the Police and a mob trying to also get on the pitch (not wanting to debate Euro Relations i hasten to add!)

Really hope Silva is fit to play. We haven't got the chance to see him play with De Bruyne, Sterling and Kun yet and this is a game we must win.
Hopefully Zab will come back in as Sagna has dropped off the great form we saw earlier in the season and if Kompany's fit then I hope Otamendi will retain his place as I thought apart from that spasticated air shot, he did very well on Saturday especially in the first half.
Yaya situation is interesting. Will Pellegrini leave him out? I'd go for the two Fern's but I just can't see it happening

Hart; Zabs, VK, Otamendi, Kolarv; Fernandinho, Fernando; Navas, Nasri, De Bruyne, Aguero

I'm not sure what Silvas level are at and I'd rather have him 100% for the weekend. Sterling should come on for Nasri at some point and let KDB run the middle.

Hey Marvin
I remember the game at Mr 1979 for a couple of reasons
The first was when a convoy of Germans chased our school bus on the A57 back to Dane Bank Denton no idea how we managed to upset them or how they found us, and second
A couple of them charging over to the Kippax with a West German flag trying to goad all one and all before the game started before running away from the Police and a mob trying to also get on the pitch (not wanting to debate Euro Relations i hasten to add!)
I remember listening to it on the radio in tears as a little boy.

I don't for this particular scenario, but it isn't rare to see "X player trains again with City" and then see that player immediately in for the next match. Maybe I'm just paranoid with all the injuries we're getting lately but we were criticised pretty heavily for rushing players back prematurely last season.

I think there are at least as many occasions when we are led to believe that a player will be returning from injury this week and it turns out to be next week. Its impossible to say from the outside whether that's because the club were initially over optimistic about when the player would be available, or were just careful not to rush him back.

It may be that playing Silva and Kompany tomorrow is taking a risk. It may also be that they could have played on Saturday but the club decided to err on the side of caution. We don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.