Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero for Navas the only change I'd make. Chelsea couldn't handle Ayew and Gomis last week, so Bony and Aguero could have a field day. Tough call for Manuel this one.

Playing two strikers isn't a system I expect us to repeat unless it's against weak opposition. We've shown that we play best with Silva behind the lone striker and with numbers in midfield.

Think we should play a 4-3-3 in big games like this and in Europe.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Kolarov
Yaya Fernandinho Nasri
Silva Aguero Sterling

Bench: Caballero, Demichelis, Sagna, Fernando, De Bruyne, Navas, Bony

We need Nasri's ball retention deeper so that Yaya and Fernandinho aren't swamped by Chelsea's three in the center.

As the game goes on and we need a goal I'd maybe set up back into a 4-2-3-1 with De Bruyne coming on for his debut.
Not sure Zab is ready

Will be the same team for me.

I agree.

I reckon though had this game not been against one of the top 4/6 we wouldn't play Aguero from the start whereas I think we will be forced to do so here as he is our best forward.

Zabaleta overall is better than Sagna but I wouldn't risk him here against Eden Hazard considering he hasn't had any playing minutes yet let alone one game yet.

Such an important game, a five point advantage even at this stage of the season would be huge.

Surprised peopel are putting Fernando in there side, chelsea are gonna stick ten behind the ball and try and grind out a result, not a Navas fan put he will help to provide the width we need to break them down.

Same team as on Monday for me apart from Aguero coming in for Bony.

The team really seems to be up for it this season to amends for last year. 2-0 city

You're right they are going to stick 10 men behind the ball and counter just like they do against every half decent side but it's the counter that makes them dangerous, having Fernando there as insurance marking oscar/fabregas will help a lot, plus i don't expect Navas to trouble Azpilicueta in the slightest so taking him out of the side wouldn't really damage us offensively.

I don't think Pellegrini will do that however, he remains stubborn in his insistence that we will go all out attack and just ignore defending.

Whether we win or not i think entirely depends on how fast we move the ball in possession. Slow it down like we're used to and we'll never break them down and they murder us on the counter, play with tempo and intensity, shift them around constantly, take shots from more than 5 yards out and wear them down and we should come out with a win.

I agree.

I reckon though had this game not been against one of the top 4/6 we wouldn't play Aguero from the start whereas I think we will be forced to do so here as he is our best forward.

Zabaleta overall is better than Sagna but I wouldn't risk him here against Eden Hazard considering he hasn't had any playing minutes yet let alone one game yet.

Pretty sure he has said he expects to start on the bench. Not too concerned with that as I like Bony and think he is a goal away from kicking on however losing Sergio is always a loss. I think its a good early marker to see if we have changed/learnt lessons from last season though we bossed these both games last season.

I'm going to throw this out there, but I really don't like Yaya playing behind the striker. He needs to be deep, collecting the ball and dictating the match. Not feeding off scraps and being swamped by Matic and Zouma. If Yaya plays advanced, Silva suddenly gets no service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.