Pre Match Thread | City v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
An early goal for us would open up the game and give us I believe a big win, the longer its 0-0 the less appealing the game will be for a neutral and the bigger bus Chelsea will park.

Last season we were the better side in both matches against Chavski. This season we have a point to prove and our Premier League title to be returned to a flair side, intent on scoring goals and entertaining. The Rent Boys will fight and scrap and cheat and be horrible which is a waste of the talent they have in the side if only Maureen was not such a pragmatist, schooled by the luckiest of all managers, LvG.This should be a game between two great sides which everyone should be able enjoy but I fear that Maureen will seek to spoil it as has been his approach too often. This is one that CITY will have to win whilst the opposition look for a draw. I feel good about our opening match and whilst I wish Sergio was fully match fit and ready to go at them, I have to be confident that we can take the 3 points and do so in a manner fitting for making it 3 PL titles in 5 years in May 2016.
COME ON CITY.

I'd love us to hand Chelsea a beating and pellegrini to give Maureen the finger. In fact, even better, pellegrini to Slide down the touchline on his knees towards Maureen giving the finger with both hands.

I'd love us to hand Chelsea a beating and pellegrini to give Maureen the finger. In fact, even better, pellegrini to Slide down the touchline on his knees towards Maureen giving the finger with both hands.
Now that is a lovely thought that will be with me until game time!

I think it's time for football to beat anti-football.

3-1 City.

My main concern going into this game is the amount of space we leave in the midfield for them to exploit on the counter.

We were good against West Brom but we left a lot of space in the midfield and if we give the same space to Chelsea they will get a good few chances on our goal.

I admire Pellegrini's attacking philosophy but I just hope we are not too naive tomorrow, Jose thrives in these sort of games as his record proves it with him not losing a league game against a top 4 team since he has been back.

We have to score first so they come out more, if they score first I just think we will fall into Mourinho's game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.