Pre Match Thread - City v Juventus (update for injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have won 11 on the trot with Mangala at centre back , and conceded hardly any goals , your negativity after such a good run of form , has no foundation whatsoever , and perhaps if mangala did have a "wobble" its the supporters who will vehemently back him , who will be required , and not "fans" who take too much notice of the media , (just because sky and rag/dipper pundits say he is shite , does not make it true). The truth is he's a relatively young centre back improving/learning with every game ,so give the lad a break , (and if john stones is allegedly worth £40m then Mangala is worth every penny of the £32m we paid for him , or as the media like to report £120m including wages:)
bang on the money, 5 wins on the trot this season alone, no goals concede, following on from excellent form from the Mangler at the end of last season, yet muppets like him still feel the need to slag the fuck out of him

ipotesi_formaz_manchester.jpg

Juve's team for tomorrow.

I don't follow Serie A all that closely, but I keep track of it enough to be familiar... and the above looks a bit shite to be frank. And as much as we complained over Manuel's supposed tactical naivete, if we were to try a 3-5-2 tomorrow, I imagine that our manager wouldn't survive the week with his job.

I don't follow Serie A all that closely, but I keep track of it enough to be familiar... and the above looks a bit shite to be frank. And as much as we complained over Manuel's supposed tactical naivete, if we were to try a 3-5-2 tomorrow, I imagine that our manager wouldn't survive the week with his job.
Juve play 3 at the back though, that's their formation.

It looks a solid side to me, although not really anyone to put the fear of God into you

Mandzukic will be a handful in the air , especially from set pieces. Morata is a willing runner but nothing better than we face most weeks in the prem

Hernanes is a class player, very clever on the ball and has an eye for a pass with a good long range shot on him. Brilliant set piece taker. Pogba is well known I think, although he has been shite so far this season

The defence is very good, with a world class keeper behind it.

This won't be easy, we need a fast start and hopefully an early goal to upset their game plan.

No it's not definitely Juve's formation, but it's definitely a possibility. The other option that is being mentioned is a back 4 with Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Chiellini and Alex Sandro, with a midfield diamond of Hernanes at the base, Pereyra at the tip and Pogba and Lemina on either side, and two of Dybala, Morata and Mandzukic up top. Interesting that Lemina will play - it will be his first appearance for the club.

Edit: To whoever called Morata a willing runner, I think that's underestimating him quite a bit. I'd rather see him play than Mandzukic, for example. In either case, City are undoubtedly the form team at the moment, so the game should be theirs for the taking.

I'm going out on a limb when I say that I wouldn't be surprised if he sat Kompany...

Hart
Sagna-Mangala-Otamendi-Kolarov
Fernandinho-Toure
De Bruyne - Silva - Sterling
Bony

Kompany on for Silva
Nasri on De Bruyne
Navas on for Sterling

I'm going out on a limb when I say that I wouldn't be surprised if he sat Kompany...

Hart
Sagna-Mangala-Otamendi-Kolarov
Fernandinho-Toure
De Bruyne - Silva - Sterling
Bony

Kompany on for Silva
Nasri on De Bruyne
Navas on for Sterling
Not a chance! Why will he bench a captain to play an untested player?
Unchanged apart from unforced injuries
JH
BS EM VK AK
F YT
DB DS RS
WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.