Pre Match Thread - City v Juventus (update for injuries)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing we need to consider is that being an italian team they will try to waste the most time they can, they will dive and will try to do everything in the book of tricks to get our players booked. We have to keep our cool, we have to keep playing our football and stay away from arguing with the ref. Come on City, lets show everyone what a great team we have. And the fans need to support the team as well, doesn't matter what happens, just keep supporting the team during the game.

With the way Juve play, it's set up for a big big game from Sterling and to a lesser extent Navas/KDB on the right. Silva will be very tightly marked and they pack the centre of the pitch, so i really hope Pellegrini has learned to tailor his sides to play on the weaknesses of our opponents this year. It's something he rarely does and it's a big reason we haven't done great in Europe. If we play our usual game, it will suit Juve and we'll be making it hard ofr ourselves, they'll soak up slow pressure all day and hit us on the break. We need to utilise the space Juve will leave on the wings, switch the ball from side to side quickly without the need for every player in between to touch the ball twice and get in behind their wing backs and then provide some whipped crosses for Bony. They're there for the taking if we do that. 2-0 Bony double.

I think we'll win it 2-0. They don't look that intense. I didn't even think they looked that great against Barca in the CL final tbh. I think they'll play defensive and we'll break them down after awhile with our pacy players. Bring on Sevilla.

Discipline and composure will be the key tonight, not getting frustrated at their tactics and certainly not reacting to cynical fouls like Yaya did on Saturday ( although perfectly understandable considering the tactics to nullify Kun). Any of that and they'll make a meal of it and the cards will be flying out of the refs pocket and we are down to 10 yet again on a champions league night

With the way Juve play, it's set up for a big big game from Sterling and to a lesser extent Navas/KDB on the right. Silva will be very tightly marked and they pack the centre of the pitch, so i really hope Pellegrini has learned to tailor his sides to play on the weaknesses of our opponents this year. It's something he rarely does and it's a big reason we haven't done great in Europe. If we play our usual game, it will suit Juve and we'll be making it hard ofr ourselves, they'll soak up slow pressure all day and hit us on the break. We need to utilise the space Juve will leave on the wings, switch the ball from side to side quickly without the need for every player in between to touch the ball twice and get in behind their wing backs and then provide some whipped crosses for Bony. They're there for the taking if we do that. 2-0 Bony double.
We have not been playing with slow pressure as you put it this season

Match day...Come on!!! don't even mind going in work today with this to look forward to tonight.

Compared with...

Hart

Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov

Yaya Touré, Fernandinho

De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling

Bony

Sergio is a big miss but on paper I would say we look stronger.
Still not convinced that's juve team but if it is comparing them two teams, we will tear them to fucking shreds. Love these sort of nights come on city!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.