Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is Otamendi in drag? What the hell as he done to his eyebrows?

I doubt leaving from Stockport is anything to do with proximity to where they live. it's simply a lot quieter and easier. Imagine if they went from Manchester piccadilly, they'd get absolutely mobbed.

From the second we got to the final i thought we'd lose and get well beaten at that. but Wednesday's performance gave me a bit of confidence. If we can perform similarly with intensity in our play we'll win. it's a big big if though and i'l not convinced Pellegrini will do it.

Lets roar all the Blues on to victory. Never forget that semi against the Rags. We turned our backs on their team announcement, made Wembley shudder and defiantly made it OUR day. Tomorrow we will do it again for all the players and bring the Cup home again. With a dream in my heart...

My fear is that we'll go in woefully under prepared as we did in the league game. My hope is that Pellegrini will have actually learned a lesson and set us up accordingly.

Team selection and first 10 mins will tell us all we need to know. Fucking come on City.

Only one way i want to win this final , a 96th minute ,offside goal , bicycle kick winner by Michael Oliver , after the furore over KDB's goal in the semi final , the candles , wreaths and "Justice for the Dippers" campaigns would go global.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-jury-good-versus-10958943

Liverpool FC the Jury: It is good versus evil at Wembley - but if Reds can replicate Etihad there's just one winner

Team-Head-to-head.jpg

It is a massive Capital One Cup final on Sunday at Wembley, Liverpool attempt to win the League Cup for a record ninth time against the richest club in Europe - Manchester City. I believe the only way that LFC will not win on Sunday will be if their attitude and commitment is not 100%.

It is already a foregone conclusion that Liverpool will win the off-field battle with the LFC support famous for the their fans and banners. It is a match for the football purists to delight over as the traditional working class club Liverpool, with a world famous support and their history and tradition built on footballing success, face City.

City is a club artificially built with vast sums of money from Middle East businessmen, which has attracted footballing mercenaries from all parts of the world to a club that was unheard of outside of this country. Basically it is a clash of all that is good in football against all that is bad, a David versus Goliath scenario with the vast worldwide footballing public favouring and supporting the underdog.

For inspiration at Wembley the Liverpool players only need to think back three months to November 21 and the 4-1 pulverisation of City on their own turf at the Etihad. Make no mistake Liverpool are not playing a Barcelona clone or even a top European club like Bayern Munich, but a club that has struggled all season to maintain their position in the top four of the Premier League despite spending untold millions, a club that has lost three of their last four matches in all competitions, and has only won five away matches all season in the Premier League.

There is absolutely no reason for Liverpool to have an inferiority complex going in to this match. The wheels have certainly fallen off the Manchester City bandwagon since Pelligrini announced his departure at the end of the season......

Last edited:
Time for bed, one sleep then on on the booze cruise coach at 7.30.

Sleep well blues for tomorrow we are hero's one and all.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-jury-good-versus-10958943

Liverpool FC the Jury: It is good versus evil at Wembley - but if Reds can replicate Etihad there's just one winner

Team-Head-to-head.jpg

It is a massive Capital One Cup final on Sunday at Wembley, Liverpool attempt to win the League Cup for a record ninth time against the richest club in Europe - Manchester City. I believe the only way that LFC will not win on Sunday will be if their attitude and commitment is not 100%.

It is already a foregone conclusion that Liverpool will win the off-field battle with the LFC support famous for the their fans and banners. It is a match for the football purists to delight over as the traditional working class club Liverpool, with a world famous support and their history and tradition built on footballing success, face City.

City is a club artificially built with vast sums of money from Middle East businessmen, which has attracted footballing mercenaries from all parts of the world to a club that was unheard of outside of this country. Basically it is a clash of all that is good in football against all that is bad, a David versus Goliath scenario with the vast worldwide footballing public favouring and supporting the underdog.

For inspiration at Wembley the Liverpool players only need to think back three months to November 21 and the 4-1 pulverisation of City on their own turf at the Etihad. Make no mistake Liverpool are not playing a Barcelona clone or even a top European club like Bayern Munich, but a club that has struggled all season to maintain their position in the top four of the Premier League despite spending untold millions, a club that has lost three of their last four matches in all competitions, and has only won five away matches all season in the Premier League.

There is absolutely no reason for Liverpool to have an inferiority complex going in to this match. The wheels have certainly fallen off the Manchester City bandwagon since Pelligrini announced his departure at the end of the season......

That's incredible. Genuinely found it hilarious. Anybody with those levels of delusions needs to be locked up for their own safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.