Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully agree, no player should be promised or assured of anything. Except maybe back up keeper, he's never going to displace Hadt, so he needs an incentive to be ready.
I don't agree with it, I just understand it..

He has never struck me as a manager who promises a player anything as far a an automatic selection in the team not withstanding he has a player pecking order when they are available for selection.

eg He won't start Nacho at Kun's expense , nor leave Yaya out even if all mid fielders were available for selection.

As many have said he believes in Yaya as a player who can pass with the greatest degree of accuracy and speed of release ( not sure if the stats back this up ) and the player who he most relies upon along with Kun to score a goal no matter the scoreline or situation.

I rate him as a reasonable man manager but I don't rate him all that highly as manager who can get the best result in the most number of games possible.

We just concede too many goals in too many matches to be too less competitive than we would be under a better results driven manager.

We have conceded 2 goals or more some 49 times under MP , and I am sure if we looked at the w-d-l on those games it would not read well.

I think Wednesday may have been a turning point for the squad, and if we put in a similar performance tomorrow we will lift the trophy regardless of who's in net. I still believe in the squad and there duty to make sure Pellegrini leaves on a high.

You think Caballero saves that chance Kiev had to level in the second half - or if he does, you think his hand is so strong that it evades the on-rushing attacker? And if they level at 2-2, you think we still walk away with a win?

It's a tricky one with goalkeepers they tend to be injured less than outfield players, so there needs to be a mechanism to get them game time and keep them sharp and motivated. The league cup is the correct vehicle for this. Mancini should have played Pants against Wigan, his failure to may well have been a contribution to the lack of commitment. Next season Pants gets the nod against Sunderland and has a blinder. Strikes me pellers learnt from the previous season, and I hope he follows it through this season.

Promise or not, he`s a f*cking liability when he`s on form, never mind the hole he`s in at the moment, No chance that Pep will want to keep him so he`s gone anyway at the end of the season, nor could anyone every claim he`s sharp or motivated, all he has ever done is f*ck up every chance he has been given to look even half competent.

Just watched Klopp's presser. I hope City is well prepared to how sharp the scousers will be....
It's so good to have Komps back with all his power and mental strengths of a leader!

It will be a true fight. Midfield will be tight and they will attack us like mad. I very much hope the officials will stop clogging from the start but in fact I expect the opposite.

Be loud you Blues. Don't give them an inch on the pitch and in the stands.

We are back to form just in time.
Come on City. Fight till the end. All in. 100%.
It will be our day.

CcPWeA7W4AUnebf.jpg:large

Why are they leaving from Stockport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.