Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just sad, it's pretty disgraceful.
There's plenty on here been having a rant about Pellegrini, so I think I'm probably entitled to one as well.
I think the people who have been moaning like fuck on here about everything from the players to the manager to the team selections to the goalie to be played tomorrow need to have a long hard look at what it is to be a supporter of a club. It's all good and well to be cheering on the team when it's doing well and the players are on form. When a team really needs support is when they are not playing well and things aren't going their way. We as a fanbase rightly pride ourselves on following the club through adversity and failure, yet as soon as we face a bit of difficulty we have had nothing but criticism and ridicule, verging on piss taking of our manager, who in my opinion has done a good job in adversity when you take into consideration the number of injuries we have had. The players have also come in for a lot of unwarranted flak for the same reasons. For me we fail together and we succeed together. Criticism is welcome but in my opinion the ridicule that has been on display on these threads has been way over the top when we take into consideration that we have no idea what constraints he has been operating under. It's piss easy being a manager from an armchair, it's a little more difficult, I would wager, doing it for real as our good friend Mr Neville is finding out.
I hope tomorrow we stuff the dippers and then we go on to win the title. Not only because as a City fan I could not hope for any other outcome but also because I want to hear what those now ridiculing Pellegrini would then have to say. No doubt they will be saying that our success has come despite Pellegrini's contribution rather than because of it. I understand that he is capable of making mistakes and I am sure he has made plenty as will all managers (wait till Pep gets here, that should be fun) but we should always find it within ourselves to be respectful to our own and not act like the spoilt gloryhunters that we accuse others of being. I'm sorry if I'm being contrary here, and this is not aimed at any particular posters, but I feel that Pellegrini has been working in good faith to do the best that he can for the club and the ridicule that some of the empty vessels on here have been dishing out to him is downright disrespectful and undeserved.

Great post mate and mirrors my thoughts entirely.

This thread should have been a lot more positive but for page after page of insults and criticisms. Yes, most would like Joe in goal (me included), but he isn't and we need to accept that and look forward to a great match.

Good luck today and he you get the win. Also great to read this morning that Aguero will sign a 4 year contract extension which is fantastic news.

Come on City.

Willy playing tomorrow won't win or cost us the cup. If we turn up and perform like we did on Wednesday we have nothing to worry about. We're playing a midtable team and have better players all over the pitch. A player that left us because he couldn't get in the team often enough has been one of if not the best player for them this season. Desire, determination and tempo and we win.

Agreed.

Curious to know what you believe constitutes the best team
Erm...the best team available from the players that are fit and available, I don't expect the manager to drop Aguero, or kompany or Hart if they're are fit . Do you ?

So your comfortable with all the insults and slagging off our players / manager is getting? I would suggest that since the announcement of Pep, Fans have been sharpening their pitchforks and looking for any opportunity to have a go at anything concerning Pellers. Nothing to do with happy clapping, more to do with being supportive.
Let's face it, calling Pellegrini for being stubborn and refusing to pick the strongest team today is entirely fair.

Do you think any fan at the game today or watching at home/in the pub will do anything other than fully support on the pitch? People letting off steam on here makes no difference either way.

I'm entirely comfortable with justified criticism yes and if Willy stays strong and firm and wins the game I'd be the first to hold my hand up and say well done. But he is not our best goal keeper and we are playing in a final and we should be playing our strongest team.

It's not just sad, it's pretty disgraceful.
There's plenty on here been having a rant about Pellegrini, so I think I'm probably entitled to one as well.
I think the people who have been moaning like fuck on here about everything from the players to the manager to the team selections to the goalie to be played tomorrow need to have a long hard look at what it is to be a supporter of a club. It's all good and well to be cheering on the team when it's doing well and the players are on form. When a team really needs support is when they are not playing well and things aren't going their way. We as a fanbase rightly pride ourselves on following the club through adversity and failure, yet as soon as we face a bit of difficulty we have had nothing but criticism and ridicule, verging on piss taking of our manager, who in my opinion has done a good job in adversity when you take into consideration the number of injuries we have had. The players have also come in for a lot of unwarranted flak for the same reasons. For me we fail together and we succeed together. Criticism is welcome but in my opinion the ridicule that has been on display on these threads has been way over the top when we take into consideration that we have no idea what constraints he has been operating under. It's piss easy being a manager from an armchair, it's a little more difficult, I would wager, doing it for real as our good friend Mr Neville is finding out.
I hope tomorrow we stuff the dippers and then we go on to win the title. Not only because as a City fan I could not hope for any other outcome but also because I want to hear what those now ridiculing Pellegrini would then have to say. No doubt they will be saying that our success has come despite Pellegrini's contribution rather than because of it. I understand that he is capable of making mistakes and I am sure he has made plenty as will all managers (wait till Pep gets here, that should be fun) but we should always find it within ourselves to be respectful to our own and not act like the spoilt gloryhunters that we accuse others of being. I'm sorry if I'm being contrary here, and this is not aimed at any particular posters, but I feel that Pellegrini has been working in good faith to do the best that he can for the club and the ridicule that some of the empty vessels on here have been dishing out to him is downright disrespectful and undeserved.

Top post m8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.