Pre Match Thread: League Cup Final v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
CcSkIpZVAAE4g8K.jpg:large
I thought they made mail bags in prison!!

Is this not the point though? There's a very strong case that the 'performance' against Wigan could have been down to Mancini breaking his word. We simply see this decission as fans, the manager and players see it as an occupation, as employees. They are a team, and their leader has his word and little else to controle those players.

As fans we or some slate Ya Ya, pundits call him lazy, our fans call him lazy. Do you think his team mates see it that way? Fernandinho who's been doing Ya Ya's dirty work for two and a half seasons, often detrimental to his own abilities. He'd be within in his rights to hate the guy, but who was first to jump on Ya Ya's back when he scored Wednesday night? Fernandinho. The team celebrated with him like it was his first ever goal.
Teams are built on bonds, on trust. If they can't trust their manager, there's simply no team.
With all due respect - what a load of woolly nonsense.
The is elite sport not school sports day in Chorlton.
Likening a proven match winner, Yaya, as infuriating as he sometimes can be, to the constantly bungling Willy?
I dispute the "very strong case" that we lost to Wigan because Pants was dropped. There were lots of factors at play that day, the goalie situation being the most insignificant.
I'll grant you that Pants should probably have played, at the time he was performing as well as if not better than Joe, which certainly isn't applicable to the current position where one is a top class keeper and the other completely out of any kind of form.
Will the psychology of the players be affected more by the dropping of a team mate or by playing a player that cannot be relied upon?
Hoping he has a great game if picked. But would expect totally unexpected and against form.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-jury-good-versus-10958943

Liverpool FC the Jury: It is good versus evil at Wembley - but if Reds can replicate Etihad there's just one winner

Team-Head-to-head.jpg

It is a massive Capital One Cup final on Sunday at Wembley, Liverpool attempt to win the League Cup for a record ninth time against the richest club in Europe - Manchester City. I believe the only way that LFC will not win on Sunday will be if their attitude and commitment is not 100%.

It is already a foregone conclusion that Liverpool will win the off-field battle with the LFC support famous for the their fans and banners. It is a match for the football purists to delight over as the traditional working class club Liverpool, with a world famous support and their history and tradition built on footballing success, face City.

City is a club artificially built with vast sums of money from Middle East businessmen, which has attracted footballing mercenaries from all parts of the world to a club that was unheard of outside of this country. Basically it is a clash of all that is good in football against all that is bad, a David versus Goliath scenario with the vast worldwide footballing public favouring and supporting the underdog.

For inspiration at Wembley the Liverpool players only need to think back three months to November 21 and the 4-1 pulverisation of City on their own turf at the Etihad. Make no mistake Liverpool are not playing a Barcelona clone or even a top European club like Bayern Munich, but a club that has struggled all season to maintain their position in the top four of the Premier League despite spending untold millions, a club that has lost three of their last four matches in all competitions, and has only won five away matches all season in the Premier League.

There is absolutely no reason for Liverpool to have an inferiority complex going in to this match. The wheels have certainly fallen off the Manchester City bandwagon since Pelligrini announced his departure at the end of the season......

That's probably the most ridiculous and pathetic article I've ever read.

Liverpool fans sure think alot of themselves.

What about club/team/squad spirit? I'm sure Willy is as popular as anyone in the squad. I for one hope he has the game of his life.
There isn't a single City fan that doesn't hope he has the game of his life today,but there also isn't a single City fan who thinks he should start today based on his performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.