Pre Match Thread | Man City v West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year I come to your gaff and every year I come there thinking 'how many will they score this time'? Whilst I'm still fearful of how many your lot will get I am at least mildly hopeful that we'll give you a half decent game this year. We've a good team littered with pace and with Payet we really do have a world class player. My heart would says a 1-1 draw, realistically my head is still saying you'll win. However I don't think it'll be as easy as some on here are saying.

Anyway, with the exception of this game and the reverse fixture I wish you lot luck, got a soft spot for Citeeeeehhh and as long as you stuff up the Chavs and Spuds then that'll make my season easier to bare.

COYI

Same to you Hammer, after Saturday I hope you do great things and qualify for European football for the new stadium.

Every year I come to your gaff and every year I come there thinking 'how many will they score this time'? Whilst I'm still fearful of how many your lot will get I am at least mildly hopeful that we'll give you a half decent game this year. We've a good team littered with pace and with Payet we really do have a world class player. My heart would says a 1-1 draw, realistically my head is still saying you'll win. However I don't think it'll be as easy as some on here are saying.

Anyway, with the exception of this game and the reverse fixture I wish you lot luck, got a soft spot for Citeeeeehhh and as long as you stuff up the Chavs and Spuds then that'll make my season easier to bare.

COYI

I think you'll find that most of us are being wary. We don't, by and large, do arrogance. That's the lot across the city.

I think you'll find that most of us are being wary. We don't, by and large, do arrogance. That's the lot across the city.

Except for we play that lot of course. Then we'll put them where they belong.

Always had time for the Hammers. Not a fan of their current owners but they seem to have made a solid business move with the stadium. Could be good times ahead with Bilic at the helm.

Afternoon gentleman, West Ham fan here. I'm heading up to Manchester for a mate's wedding on Saturday (evening do only) train gets in at 17:20 so planing to watch the game somewhere central beforehand, can you recommend a good boozer preferably near the station?

Looking forward the the game, we seem to be well suited to a counter attacking style this season and if we can keep a clean sheet during the first half I think we have slim chance of nicking one on the break or from a set piece. If you score early though I think we'll be lucky to keep it to a 1 or 2 goal loss. Key for me is if Obiang can keep Silva quiet and Toure against Kouyate in midfield which should be a great battle. Moses looked surprisingly sharp against Newcastle on Monday and with Payet we always have a chance of scoring out of nothing which hasn't been the case for a long time.

If it's still close towards the last 20 mins I'd expect to see Andy Carrol thrown on, especially if Kompany isn't at 100%.

Prediction, 1-1 if we can keep you out for the first half otherwise 3-1 to Manchester City.

Good luck for the rest of the season (after Saturday obviously!)

If you're up for a wedding I recommend either Tibb St tavern or Montpellier both in the Northern Quarter. Both less than 10 minutes walk from Piccadilly, serve food, loads of screens and if you're with the missus they're pretty nice.

Won't be too partisan either. Good atmosphere and great for football.

Come on man, do you really think an 18yr old kid with 5min of first team experience is going to start ahead of a £25m Bony? Not going to happen. At best Kelechi will be phased in over the course of the whole season and depending on how he does (great I hope) i wouldn't expect him to start a PL game this season unless both Kun and Bony are injured. He may start a few of the early round cup games though.

tbh the price of the player should never be a factor only the performance

If Pellegrini is happy with what he sees in training and deems Kelechi best fit for the team then let it be Nacho!!!

Bilic knows City will make up for the Juve loss, so he will instruct his team to sit deep and absorb attacks.

This is where Kevin will be crucial. Hit them hard from the outside of the box or a pass to slice the defense at one go

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
Yaya
Fernandinho
Sterling
Silva
De Bruyne
Aguero

Por favor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.