Pre Match Thread | Palace v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think it was forced on him with sterling's injury or whatever it is

But you also can't help feeling pellegrini's first reaction on hearing sterling out was to be secretly glad to have an excuse to go back to 4-4-2.

I've heard it all now. Pellers secretly glad Sterlings injured.

What a fool you are.

Surprising line up but understandable. If its not going our way i'm sure he'll introduce De Bruyne for Bony and revert back to 4231, biggest performance of the day will have to come from Yaya, he's got to be disciplined alongside Fern.

Needless gamble. We have more than enough to keep the shape that has worked so well.

If we drop points it will be all Pellegrini's fault.
Really? Who do we have to replace Sterling with? As the way I see it we were just going to do a straight swap between Nasri and Silva, but Sterling has got injured and we have no other wingers fit and available.

Er flappers!!! Who said we were playing 442. Has it occured to anyone that aguero will be playin the silva role just behind Bony? Come on people chill the fuck out. Could be worse... we could be Chelsea ;-)

Doubt we would pay 55m for a No.10 only to play a striker there instead.

Well it really depends on whether De Bruyne is deemed ready or not, because if he isn't then we don't have any senior players as alternatives.
Well he played both games for Belgium and all bar one game for Wolfsburg this season and given the likes of Sterling have been left out as a precaution because of a "slight problem" then we can assume De Bruyne is fully fit given his inclusion in the squad.

Odd team selection imo.

You have an over vivid imagination
Well, he does seem to be excessively fond of playing 2 up front. Even though results last season suggested that wasn't the best way to set up. Pity, I really really like him as a manager, but his stance on formations is a bit too stubborn, a bit like wenger.

Still. We shall see, and if Aguero keeps up his international form won't matter.

recent negativity on this thread is unbelievable , MP is managing the squad with four competitions in his sites , if he is resting silva and sterling because of slight knocks , then thats fine by me , nasri and bony are very good replacements , 442 is finer against teams like palace , (or have they suddenly become the new Barca ?) 451 is only essential against top 6 teams and european oppostition. A win a against Juventus is more important than losing to palace , we have 30 odd games to redeem points in the premiership , if we lose to Juventus at home its an uphill battle to qualify withand 5 games to get it right.

Palace won't have been expecting 442 and two strikers, challenges them after they have spent the last two weeks expecting us to play 4231.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.