Pre-season friendly at Eastlands

Enjoying being a Blue

Anyone have any info on if we are to have a home friendly like in previous years?

When we make Champions League this would give us a greater platform to invite a top side. Who would you like to see? For me I'd love to see Barca or Real.

Not if we win the Cup, we'll be at Wembley on the weekend we usually have the prestige friendly and there's the Dublin tournament the week before.

Thomas Cook Trophy could well be 6 August, according to my ITK source.

That usually counts as our home pre-season friendly with an international club.

PM

(double spacing, PM, said the word 'source' - anything else I've missed to pretend I'm ITK?)

Presumably it will depend on whether we qualify for the Charity Shied.

People were saying they'd like Lech Poznan - not sure it'd be as good an atmosphere as the last one but you never know. There'd be a lot of Poles happy to see a Polish team playing so it could attract more away fans than say a Spanish team again. There'd be quite a lot of people who'd go to see Poznan in a friendly that wouldn't really consider many other teams.

Who knows?

Surely even if we do win the FA Cup Final we would have a home Friendly. Obviously we'll be playing in America/Canada and the Dublin Tournament but I would have thought, irrespective of the Community Shield we would have a home Friendly before the season starts.

We'll all need somewhere to see our new signing Lionel ;)

gagiesotherhalf said:
Thomas Cook Trophy could well be 6 August, according to my ITK source.

That usually counts as our home pre-season friendly with an international club.

PM

(double spacing, PM, said the word 'source' - anything else I've missed to pretend I'm ITK?)

i,ve heard off my source we are playing barca as a condition of when we buy messi iniesta and xavi ...i,ve heard we are having a straight swap with adeybayor santa cruz and jo going in the opposite direction ! my sauce being mr j daniels

I'd vote for Aris again. Their fans were amazing (as well as their chants).

How about getting Alan back as well?

So we could have a mini-international tournament. Us, Poznan, Aris and Salzburg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.