Pre season games compared to other clubs

I think Pep appears to prioritise time on the training pitch to games when inevitably the team is not really representative of who will actually be in the side during the season. We had Sam Edozie and Ben Knight up front for most of last year’s pre season games, for example
Yet another tricky away game to start like last year, almost as if they are trying to catch us cold again

I'd prefer this approach than a grift tour of the far east.

This season starts early and has a world cup in the middle. I think we are doing the right thing.

Will be curious if we have to leave anyone behind when we go to the states. I can’t imagine the entire squad is vaccinated.

Not all inGermany. The match against Brescia was somewhere during the Trainings Camp in South Tyrol.

Trainingsstart
26. Juni 2013
Trainingslager
04. - 12. Juli: Trentino/Italien
Testspiele
29. Juni: FC Bayern - Fanclub Wildenau 15:1 (3:0)
30. Juni: TSV Regen - FC Bayern 1:9 (1:3)
05. Juli: Paulaner Traumelf - FC Bayern 0:13 (0:2)
09. Juli: Brescia Calcio - FC Bayern 0:3 (0:2)
13. Juli: SG Sonnenhof Großaspach - FC Bayern 0:6 (0:4)
14. Juli: Benefizspiel: Hansa Rostock - FC Bayern 0:4 (0:2)
20. Juli: Telekom Cup Halbfinale: FC Bayern - Hamburger SV 4:0 (1:0)
21. Juli: Telekom Cup Finale: FC Bayern - Gladbach 5:1 (3:1)
24. Juli: Uli Hoeneß Cup: FC Bayern - FC Barcelona 2:0 (1:0)
27. Juli: DFL Supercup 2013: FC Bayern - Borussia Dortmund 2:4 (0:1)
31. Juli: Audi Cup 2013, FC Bayern - FC São Paulo
1. August: Audi Cup 2013, FC Bayern - AC Milan/Manchester City

The last of the preparation matches was against City. Bayern won that by a penalty won because of a Zabaleta handball and a Mandzukic header. The full matches - no, it is not Chelsea... - can be found on youtube.

That match actually was interesting as Guardiola started without real centre forward with a Ribery-Müller-Robben frontline and a midfield with Schweinsteiger-Thiago-Kroos. Later on he subbed Mandzukic for Thiago etc. - most of the season we played with Mandzu but it was not really Pep's preferred idea then.

Cheers.

Makes you realise what a coach and their management and fitness teams really want when it comes to pre-season, and how far away from that we are every season. What we have instead is a fucking joke! and why I never pay any attention to any of them. The preparation these athletes get for their season ahead is pitiful.

World tours for the suits to have jolly-ups and sell a load of tickets to people who can’t even use the right name for the sport.

It's not sucking their cock, it's playing a charity game for a good cause that affects someone who is close to the higher ups at both clubs

It being for a good cause doesn't mean playing it after the season has started isn't stupid. Wouldn't have been hard to hold the match at a more sensible time.

Anyone else concerned about our pre season schedule?
We have 3 games booked - two in the US (Green Bay and Houston) and the Community Shield v Liverpool.

Looking at this list here of other club's schedules, most have 5 and Liverpool and the rags have 6.
I'm hoping at least 2 more will be fitted along the way this month.
Do you know the titles won compared to other clubs over the last 7 seasons?

We work on the principal that everyone gets at least 4 weeks off from their last game of the season , which for England was the middle of June

i think it’s a mental thing as well as physical, Pep wants the players to be fully ready for the treadmill that is the football season

4 titles in the last 5 says he has got it spot on

Several of Liverpool's and United's will be commercial rather than sporting, and I bet both managers would prefer to spend time on the training field with the core group of players rather than doing press and travel between Bangkok and Melbourne.

If you look back don’t think pep likes to have many games. Prefers to train more which naturally makes us unprepared for the first game of the season but benefits later on. Except the players to be knackered after 60 mins in the community shield like last year and same in the 1st game.
Tbf players are quite often back in drips and dabs because of international games meaning some haven't been back long before the start of the season.This season everyone will be back this week and should be better prepared.

Also lets be honest about friendlies you don't really learn a lot tactically and the quality you play against for the most part is below our standard.

I am sure we do loads of 11 v 11 behind closed doors and not to be an arrogant twat but the 2 teams of 11 will be better than most we will play against. Everyone gets game time and Pep can coach everyone.

I honestly reckon if Pep had his way we wouldn't play any pre season games, we just do them for commercial side of things. I'd love to know what Peps ideal pre season would be like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.