Pre season in Melbourne

adammck said:
whp.blue said:
adammck said:
Would be awesome to get City over here. At the MCG vs Real Madrid would be quite the friendly for us Aussie blues... Let's hope they come to Sydney at some point but I doubt it!

Are you taking the piss?
I think if the Club cross the planet to go to Oz surely you can cross Oz to go and see them?

I'll defo be going to Melbourne mate! It would be nice to see them in my hometown obviously

Cock stride for you Bruce, poor perthblue has four times further!

The football should always wag the dog, and success on the pitch is paramount and that sells the club.

We get it back to front at times. The players should be out on the training pitch not spending their time in airports, planes and hotels.

Marvin said:
The football should always wag the dog, and success on the pitch is paramount and that sells the club.

We get it back to front at times. The players should be out on the training pitch not spending their time in airports, planes and hotels.

What if the money we make on the friendlies is the difference between passing FFPR and failing it? City makes A LOT of money from these games.

one happy family....

City will compete in Melbourne next year in the most significant football event ever hosted in the country - the International Champions Cup Australia, presented by Audi.

Next year Nine Live, TLA Worldwide and RSE Ventures will bring three of the top football teams in the world, including City and Real Madrid, to Australia.

The tournament will include three premium matches at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in July 2015 with the competition draw and match dates to be released upon announcement of the third and final competing team.

This major international event is expected to bring football and sporting enthusiasts from all around Australia and the Asia-Pacific region to Melbourne for the events, and will be broadcast to more than 150 countries.

City manager Manuel Pellegrini expressed his excitement about the trip at a press conference, declaring: "I think it is important for this Club to go to Australia.

"Firstly, because we have a sister club there and I think is a country where they like football and to play with teams like Real Madrid there is very important.

Ferran Soriano, Chief Executive of Manchester City FC, echoed: "We are looking forward, once again, to being a part of the ICC.

"We are particularly excited to be visiting Melbourne, which is home to our sister Club, Melbourne City FC. We know that it will also be a home away from home for Manchester City and we can't wait to play in front of our Australian fans."

Geoff Jones, Nine Live CEO, stated: "We look forward to making the ICC a major fixture in the Asia-Pacific region and are confident it will be a huge success in Melbourne, as it is in the United States.

"Already, waitlist registrations through Ticketek have doubled since last week’s announcement, and I expect Manchester City’s involvement to trigger a similarly strong response from fans."

Bart Campbell, Chairman of TLA Worldwide, added: "We are delighted to be bringing the world’s most widely followed clubs and famous brands including current Barclays Premier League champions Manchester City to Melbourne."

Telstra customers can buy 48 hours early - definitely in for Friday. Wonder if many will make the trip to Melbourne from the old country

Roma confirmed as third side. Be interesting to see how quick the games get sold out. 3 X 95k crowds at the G.

heartman said:
Roma confirmed as third side. Be interesting to see how quick the games get sold out. 3 X 95k crowds at the G.
City vReal v quick - will both the others sell out immediately?

EalingBlue2 said:
Have city played in front of 95000 before? Old Wembley was 100000 wasn't it?

At the time of the 1981 FA Cup final, old Wembley had a capacity of 100K but they weren't allowed to fit that many in for midweek games, so the official gate for the replay against Spurs was 92,500. The first game in the 1981 final on the Saturday had an official gate of 100K, so if the MCG game next summer does sell out, it'll presumably be the biggest gate City have played in front of since then.

petrusha said:
EalingBlue2 said:
Have city played in front of 95000 before? Old Wembley was 100000 wasn't it?

At the time of the 1981 FA Cup final, old Wembley had a capacity of 100K but they weren't allowed to fit that many in for midweek games, so the official gate for the replay against Spurs was 92,500. The first game in the 1981 final on the Saturday had an official gate of 100K, so if the MCG game next summer does sell out, it'll presumably be the biggest gate City have played in front of since then.

I went to the joan gamper game v barcelona at the nou camp in 2009,pretty sure that was announced as 94k

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.