Pre season training opportunities

Asa's left peg

Team supported
Some team in the CFG
Having watched the Brentford highlights, and us finishing with four academy products on the field, for some reason I thought about who would be turning up on time for pre season before all the regulars turn up and who will form part of the squad for Japan/Korea. As discussed on here there are a lot of promising players temporarily returning to the club and it should be a great shop window opportunity for the boys.

I recon we have,

Keepers - Trafford, Slicker and any of the current academy guys

Defenders - C.Doyle, Harwood Bellis, Mebete, Wilson Esbrand, possible Couto,

Midfielders - MacAtee, T. Doyle, Fiorini, probably add Charles, Robertson

Forwards - Delap, Rogers, Knight

And the others who may sort out deals for themselves before hand, like Adam, Hamilton, Borges, Mebude, Bobb. It wouldn't surprise me to see O'Reilly taken on tour too. It looks interesting.

Did I miss anyone?

Having watched the Brentford highlights, and us finishing with four academy products on the field, for some reason I thought about who would be turning up on time for pre season before all the regulars turn up and who will form part of the squad for Japan/Korea. As discussed on here there are a lot of promising players temporarily returning to the club and it should be a great shop window opportunity for the boys.

I recon we have,

Keepers - Trafford, Slicker and any of the current academy guys

Defenders - C.Doyle, Harwood Bellis, Mebete, Wilson Esbrand, possible Couto,

Midfielders - MacAtee, T. Doyle, Fiorini, probably add Charles, Robertson

Forwards - Delap, Rogers, Knight

And the others who may sort out deals for themselves before hand, like Adam, Hamilton, Borges, Mebude, Bobb. It wouldn't surprise me to see O'Reilly taken on tour too. It looks interesting.

Did I miss anyone?
The only ones I could see having a future here is Trafford, C.Doyle and McAtee. The likes of Rogers, Knight, Robertson, Couto, Mbete and Slicker is miles away at the moment, reckon they`ll leave permanently in the summer. THB, T.Doyle and Charles will probably be sold for decent fees, hope we include buyback clauses. JWE, Fiorini and Delap need new loan moves I think. Wouldn`t be surprised to see Borges leave permanently. Hope we hold on to Bobb and Mebude, loans could be a good idea

Yeah, I was hoping that a pre season game closer to home could be had to test the guys but give them to opportunity to showcase their talent. At the end of the day it's a business, I suppose.

cycled past teh academy, along the Ashton canal, yesterday evening and noticed almost the full EDS squad were in training. Guessing it is for internationals/stand-by etc

Sadly have it on good authority that Mebudes leaving this summer. On a more positive note, Oscar Bobb revealed in an interview with a Norwegian newspaper today that he intends to stay at City and fight for a place in the first team rather than going out on loan. Great news, I was afraid we would lose him this summer. I’m sure there’s been (and will be) plenty of great clubs offering him lots of gametime, but he wants to stay. Must have had some sort of positive signal from the coaching staff that he has a chance here

Sadly have it on good authority that Mebudes leaving this summer. On a more positive note, Oscar Bobb revealed in an interview with a Norwegian newspaper today that he intends to stay at City and fight for a place in the first team rather than going out on loan. Great news, I was afraid we would lose him this summer. I’m sure there’s been (and will be) plenty of great clubs offering him lots of gametime, but he wants to stay. Must have had some sort of positive signal from the coaching staff that he has a chance here
Would have loved to keep Mebude but Bobb was my youth player of the season.

Best suited playing in the half spaces and is tailor made for us.

Who knows... maybe him feeding Haaland will translate to the national team as well.

Alleyne might be an outside bet.

Bobb is most likely.

Ndala is one of our biggest talents,but probably a season too early.Same for O'Reilly.

Hopefully Dada-Mascoll will go on the pre-season tour, he looks like he has the potential to be a fantastic player in the future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.