Pre-Season US Tour

How come we always have less pre season games than other teams? With it being a World Cup year as well we might start the season slowly.
We havent always last year was the first I remember , probably a Pep thing more coaching and training, seemed to work not too bad. We may start slowly but be better for it later.

Annoyingly Foden will be with England U19’s so will miss the US tour. He should be back for the Community shield though.

It’s always the big frustration with tournament summers. Yeah, it’s great when the tournament is on, but pre-season and the first 2 or 3 matches with less than full-strength sides is so shit. Arsenal up first and its hard to imagine the likes of KDB playing in that match. Maybe not even in the squad as he’ll still technically be in pre-season. I hate it!!!

Yeah our Arsenal game will be very difficult with no full backs available/fit enough to deliver a good performance. Nmecha has a great chance in pre season to show what he can do with no Jesus or Sterling (Aguero might return before the US trip) available.

Also what about Gunn? Will he be sold or stay as second choice meaning Bravo will have to go?

Also what about Gunn? Will he be sold or stay as second choice meaning Bravo will have to go?
I would love that to happen, but, career wise, - with Eddy only just recently signing a 7.5 year deal, - I know just the decision that I would be taking if I were in his position

I would love that to happen, but, career wise, - with Eddy only just recently signing a 7.5 year deal, - I know just the decision that I would be taking if I were in his position
Playing full time in the Championship (probably) or playing the domestic cup comps plus any dead rubber CL games and training with Pep and City's 1st team? I'm not sure it's quite as cut and dried as you think.

Sane didn't cover himself in glory as a left wing back but maybe just as a left back in a traditional back 4 it could be different. It's a less complicated role.

Imagine Sane at left back with Mahrez in front of him. I reckon together they would cause far more trouble than any opposition, including Arsenal, could do to us.

See this as an opportunity not a threat.

Sane didn't cover himself in glory as a left wing back but maybe just as a left back in a traditional back 4 it could be different. It's a less complicated role.

Imagine Sane at left back with Mahrez in front of him. I reckon together they would cause far more trouble than any opposition, including Arsenal, could do to us.

See this as an opportunity not a threat.
That sounds like a catastrophe waiting to happen. I don’t know why you’d think he could handle playing in a back four better than in a back five. It would also be a lot more complicated for him.

Updated estimated return schedule with the news Foden will be in the u19 England squad from 16th July to the 29th:

9th July - Non WC players:
Bravo, , Adabayario, Laporte, Sane, Nmecha, Diaz, Tom Dele-Bashiru + other EDS players
Hopeful of Mahrez and Jorginho signing next week and joining up in USA (We might fly out around 16th July).
Possibly sold before 1st friendly;Hart, Mangala, Denayer, Zinchenko, Roberts

[20TH JULY DORTMUND ]

23rd July WC players that went out 30/06:
Ilkay Gundogan
Bernardo Silva
David Silva
Nicolas Otamendi
Sergio Aguero

[25th JULY LIVERPOOL]

[28TH JULY BAYERN]

30th July WC players likely to exit 06/07
Ederson
Danilo
Fernandinho
Gabriel Jesus

[5TH AUGUST - CHELSEA]

6th August, WC players likely to be in Semi Final or Final of WC upto 15th July.
De Bruyne
Kompany
Fabian Delph
John Stones
Kyle Walker
Raheem Sterling
Benjamin Mendy
Phil Foden (ENGLAND U19 Championship runs =16–29th July 2018

[9TH AUGUST - TRANSFER WINDOW SHUTS!]
[12TH AUGUST - ARSENAL]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.