Predictions for final week of transfer window please

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I think we will be the talk of transfer deadline day, regardless of whether we make a marquee signing a reality.

There's a saying no publicity, is bad publicity.

A £150m bid for Messi would undoubtably bring mockery, but only from those who fear - it achieves it aims in terms of laying down further markers for January and makes us the talk of day.

i agree ......a ludicrous bid for messi,whether we get him or not,would delight me......more muscle flexing........

We need a ball player, or a player that can hurt defences with a pass or individual brilliance.
I'd take any of the following:
Robben, Riquelme, Van Der Vaart, Sneijder.

If Diego wouldn't have signed for Juventus, he would have been the ideal and perfect playmaker for us. Oh mannnn, didn't we miss out there.

i see skies of blue said:
Millie, Natalie, Georgie and Charlotte get naked, dance about with and massage each other with baby oil. Mike Wedderburn watches on wearing a City Shirt. Bryan Swanson cries because despite being invited, mistakingly turns up at a venue 20 miles away

According to MCFC Hughes is not planning any other signings <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/August/Hughes-reveals-his-transfer-masterplan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... masterplan</a>

Well 6 days left.

I expect that it will get really busy in the market from now on with a handful of huge signings (I don't believe it when Baconface says they have finished). I also still expect us to be part of that.

I think anymore incomings may depend on outgoings now.

If Dunne does go I can see Kompany being regarded as a defender rather than a midfielder and so we sign another midfielder rather than a defensive replacement. If Dunne stays we might be finished in the market this window.

We have six players on loan and it's obvious that there are three more that we will try to move on as they are below the standard required and have two or more players in front of them. They are of course Garrido TBH and Benjani. If they are all loaned out we will have nine players potentially returning to us next season. You can imagine trying to find something for them all to do!

With Johnson Kompany and RSC all back in the next couple of weeks we have a balanced squad at last.

ADUG bought us on 23rd September 2008 but the journey starts in earnest next Tuesday 5PM.

" Certain situations sometimes present themselves in the final few days" ...there is another ;-)

i see skies of blue said:
Millie, Natalie, Georgie and Charlotte get naked, dance about with and massage each other with baby oil. Mike Wedderburn watches on wearing a City Shirt. Bryan Swanson cries because he's not invited

Source???

Chorleyblue said:
According to MCFC Hughes is not planning any other signings <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/August/Hughes-reveals-his-transfer-masterplan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... masterplan</a>
yes, but he also says this:

You never say never in football

and this:

We've come close to getting almost all the players I spoke of in that meeting

I might be reading a bit much into the second one though, he probobly means that we got almost everyone we went for.

But still, in football, you never say never.

Wait a minuite! 'We've come close to getting almost all the players I spoke of in that meeting means we've not gone after everyone that was mentioned in the meeting! so there could be more!

I think?

'come close' = signed most of the players that we've gone for, missed out on some of them.

'almost all the players I spoke of in that meeting' = We've not gone for all our targets yet.

Maybe?

You know what, lets just wait and see instead of guessing shall we?

someone correct me.....i,m sure MH said "if an opportunity presents itself" when asked if there would be any more buys this window........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.