Premier League Domination; Boring Title Race? The Facts

You see, mainstream media, that's how you analyse and present information to a readership.
Facts laid down, simply.
How folk can still be thinking the media are not writing with bias and pandering to a stupid readership is beyond me.
Well played Gary. I've asked Phil to score a goal in your honour tonight.
Thanks. They like to put across the myths. Obviously, City are a dominant club but not the first. Haaland must’ve got your message instead of Phil. Ta!

Part 2 of my feature has just been published. This time I'm looking at the difference between the champions and the relegated clubs. City have been accused by some of creating a bigger gap than ever before so I thought I'd look at the facts. I've looked at the points gathered by the bottom few teams compared with the champions. People claim that City have created an enormous gap over the last few years that hasn't been there before but that's not true.

Anyway, have a look if you want to back up any challenge with the numbers.

If you missed it, the first part was here:

Two ,months ago it was the most exciting race for years then the scousers dropped out with half a dozen games to go it suddenly reverted to type boring farmers league. Loving the hurt big time.

Two ,months ago it was the most exciting race for years then the scousers dropped out with half a dozen games to go it suddenly reverted to type boring farmers league. Loving the hurt big time.
Yes, but also so many lies told about City's dominance and inequality blamed on City - part of the reason I've written those two features.

I read some interesting remarks by Lee Gunner. He said (before we played Spurs) we would win it again because of our mental strength. He said (rough quote): “Everybody at that club is laser focussed on winning the title. Manager, players, fans and everyone. Other clubs talk about ‘top four, top four, top four’ but I have never heard anyone from City talk about the top four, they are just determined to win it. And they will”
He also said that we were not more talented than others and that the talk of our wealth, two players for every position, 115 charges blah blah blah was all irrelevant. The difference was our focus, our winning mentality.
Thanks Lee.

Last edited:
We need a boring boring Manchester City using glory glory rag lyrics:

Boring boring Man City,
Boring boring Man City,
Boring boring Man City,
As the blues go marching on on on over all your achievements-:)

Well, Gary, you've shown that there can be the truth, the damned truth and statistics and, as usual the statistics, interpreted objectively and with integrity, show that most of what is slung at City is a form of bull dust. I can't really understand why City should be charged with unprecedented, boring domination of the PL but I'm quite happy to accept the charges. Why are scousers so happy to claim Klop p is a legend because, at best, he begins every season with second place his great ambition. Why do rags think that doing things the "United way" is aspiring to finish within hailing distance (less than 25 points behind?) their nearest neighbours. If teams want a more competitive PL then they'd better try a bit harder and improve a lot. And stop spreading another lie that it's all down to money. Let's hope they don't learn for another 20 years. "And we've got Guardiola ...."

Funny how boring the greatest league in the world becomes boring when the rags and dippers have not been involved in the title for two seasons.
Now you want boring the send off klippity is getting despite being shite in the premier league.for two seasons.

Of course it's boring. Etihad, Wembley, Etihad, Wembley. Time after time after time. Think I'll book holidays in Colchester, Wrexham and York to remind me of when it was interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.