Premier League Games 1/2/3 October '22

I honestly think they are:

Careless but not endangering - foul
Reckless and endangering - yellow
Endangering with excessive force - red

I find them quite clear cut.

How would you word it to be less vague?
I know there has to be words used, I'm not an idiot. But you must see that the wording is constructed to allow an 'escape route' for any referee decision with a sending off.
You ask a Liverpool fan about Manes kung fu kick and its "reckless" or even "careless". What would you class it as?
Just as today, the spurs fans will in no way say the Royale challenge was 'endagering with excessive force'.
The ref will say different and the vague rules will back him up.
Different folk will interpret the rules that suit their own opinion of the game, and their own bias.
Depressingly, there isn't a solution to this situation. Opinion will always win out above the vagaries of sports rules.

Which is why you are disagreeing with PC.

You deemed it excessive force and he didn’t. You can truthfully argue both cases without being wrong.
Exactly. No referee is ever wrong, in the eyes of the LotG (and therefore, no fan ;)).
The differentiation between the play-on, caution, and sending off is so convoluted that any decision can be approach in any way.
I suppose it's how this messed up, schizophrenic, neurotic game can be viewed by all and not have folk come to blows... er, hang on....

Exactly. No referee is ever wrong, in the eyes of the LotG (and therefore, no fan ;)).
The differentiation between the play-on, caution, and sending off is so convoluted that any decision can be approach in any way.
I suppose it's how this messed up, schizophrenic, neurotic game can be viewed by all and not have folk come to blows... er, hang on....
They can be wrong. They get a weekend off for making a mistake!

Your last sentence sums football and its fans up succinctly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.