Premier League Games 12/13/14 January '24

I don’t really agree with this. I don’t want to turn this into the VAR thread but do people really not remember how scandalously bad some offside decisions used to be? Every few weeks we’d have a Rashford offside derby goal style incident.

My biggest complaint about offsides these days is that it just takes way too long to resolve. But that’d be fixable if the implementation weren’t so terrible and we had something like semi-auto offside tech.

VAR has more problems which need to be solved but I’m talking only about offsides here. I would 100% not go back to letting linesman eyeball it because that was truly awful, nearly every other decision was wrong.

That's not how I remember it, but I am old, you may be right.

I can't remember many offside decisions that were clearly wrong by a metre or so that everyone in the ground could see. There were always decisions where fans felt hard done by because decisions that went against their team, but that will always be the case. Maybe my mind is playing tricks, though.

I do seem to remember the Pl telling us, before that something like 85% of decisions were proven "correct" before VAR, though, and now saying 92% "correct" now, though, what ever that means.

I can't remember many Rashford / Fernandes type incidents. Not that affected City, anyway.

Back to the match :)

I've said it before but...

When do they take the picture .
Is it as the ball is kicked.
Is ther day light between the ball and his foot.

Well at the moment it is the last frame in which the ball is shown to be in contact with the foot. But I don’t like the current system and don’t know why we’re still using it.

Semi-automated offside uses sensors in the ball to detect when it is played to within a 2ms time window and an accuracy of millimetres. Far better than any human linesman could resolve.

A united win is probably preferable here to keep Spurs at arms length.

It's a positive day either way, we get a little gap from the chasing pack or we get to see midtable united drop more points. It's all gravy regardless.
isnt it pleasant watching footie where the outcome is a win either way

A united win is probably preferable here to keep Spurs at arms length.

It's a positive day either way, we get a little gap from the chasing pack or we get to see midtable united drop more points. It's all gravy regardless.
i always love a draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.