Premier League Games 12-18 Jan '23

I didn’t want Zinchenko to leave and said so at the time. Technically excellent and good attitude.

But if he was here I suspect we would be still playing in the current slow style. Don’t think he would change this.
It’s not the fact he left that sticks in my throat, it’s who he left too.
Him and Gabby could’ve been sold elsewhere.

I think it’s more the toe to toe with Liverpool over 5 years than the WC, and both managers look exasperated to say the least, I’d be leaning more to a mental exhaustion than physical
We only went toe-to-toe with Liverpool twice (three times if you include 2014).

The season they won it we finished 18 points behind them. The other two they were even further behind us and United finished second. The other year they only just sneaked into fourth on the last day.

But I get your point. There have been some big slogs and last season was one. I think we broke Liverpool last season and we’ve got a hangover from it.

Zinchenko didn't cost us at all. And don't dare point at that West Ham game at the end of last season when Fernandinho was hobbling alongside him at centre-back. What Zinchenko did do was keep us fighting when the chips were down. Turned the 3-2 Villa game around almost on his own after coming on.

The sale of Jesus, I understood that. We had Haaland and Alvarez coming in. But we had bugger all coming in at left-back. Cancelo and Zinchenko were more than strong enough and we should have sold a better pitch to Zinchenko to keep him, but instead we let him go to our rivals without a proper replacement.

We should have put more energy into finding a back-up for Walker this summer. We're lucky that Rico Lewis has arrived to the party with a good head on his shoulders. We created a problem where there wasn't one by letting Zinchenko go. Now we're always a couple of injuries away from having Gomez play regularly. Disaster.

Zinchenko was fantastic. He was a fighter who understood Pep-ball. This will be three titles in a row for him and Jesus. He is a quality professional who, yes, has limitations, but gave his all, had seriously high quality footballing intelligence, and is showing that week in week out for a team currently on track for 100+ points.
So fucking true. Makes me sick watching him doing what he is doing for Arsenal. A huge loss to the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.