Premier League Games 13/14/15 April '24

Doku had already signed. It was the arrival of Nunes that precipitated both Palmer and McAtee leaving. We brought Nunes to play midfield, Phillips was staying to play midfield, and that meant Doku, Foden, and Bernardo were also in line to play on the flank. Injuries, form, and ability changed matters after they'd gone, with Doku moving more to the left when Grealish became unavailable.
Doku hadn't signed yet when Palmer said City bringing in another player would affect his decision to stay or go.

Nunes was brought in to add another body in midfield after the Paqueta deal fell through, as Kev was injured and Phillips was useless. It had no bearing on Palmer or McAtee.

He 100% good enough to be starting for us, I’m a Grealish fan but Grealish can’t do anything Palmer can’t do and Palmer is clearly a much greater goal threat
Same goes for Doku, Palmers football brain is light years above Dokus

It just frustrates me we paid that money for Nunes when Palmer was in our hands

Yes yes I know he made the choice to go

Nonsense, Grealish is one of the main reasons we won the treble and are on for it again.

He's the reason we didn't lose in Madrid last week, you underestimate how much Grealish helps us control the game and how hard he works defensively.

One is doing it against the best teams in the Champions League in tense nervy moments. One's doing it at a mid-table side, it's night and day.

He 100% good enough to be starting for us, I’m a Grealish fan but Grealish can’t do anything Palmer can’t do and Palmer is clearly a much greater goal threat

Aside from the fact they play on different sides of the pitch, I'm not sure they could be any more different.

Grealish is far, far better at protecting the ball and his defensive work rate is also substantially better, among other excellent attributes that lead us to a treble whilst Chelsea tries to stay in the top 10.

And both of those traits are very important to Pep.

Doku is still on his first season in the most demanding team and the most challenging league in world football. He just had a great game himself.

Palmer is obviously a great attacking player, especially in a side where he is given great amounts of freedom, is allowed to lose the ball more often, and is allowed to forgo much of the defensive side of play.

But that was never going to be the case with us, so I don’t understand why people think he would have performed like this with us.

He is a great player and I wish we kept him but he wouldn't look like this playing for us. Imagine foden in the free role with amount of space.

Nonsense, Grealish is one of the main reasons we won the treble and are on for it again.

He's the reason we didn't lose in Madrid last week, you underestimate how much Grealish helps us control the game and how hard he works defensively.

One is doing it against the best teams in the Champions League in tense nervy moments. One's doing it at a mid-table side, it's night and day.

I don’t underestimate Grealish and stated I was a fan, I’d also have him in my strongest starting 11

Grealish isn’t doing what Palmer is doing against the same opposition in the league week in week out though

He is a great player and I wish we kept him but he wouldn't look like this playing for us. Imagine foden in the free role with amount of space.

The Foden comparison is the best comparison. He's leagues ahead of Cole's ability and gets nowhere near the same space on the pitch.

Cole is great but we have many more great players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.