Premier league Games 14/15 Sept 2024

Well I've seen nothing this weekend to worry us at all this season if I'm honest. I don't like being too confident obviously but we really are a class apart from the rest. Barring any serious injuries I think we'll have a spectacular season.

Arsenal, unfortunately.

Still think Liverpool will be a big threat too but probably not the level they were under Klopp. Hopefully not anyway.

Can you really see Newcastle accumulating 90 ish points?

They’ll be lucky to amass 70 points to be honest. They’ve got two top players in Gordon and Isak, the rest are about the same level as Wolves and Palace players. Of course on a good day they could beat any team, just as anyone can in this league, but with their squad they’re nowhere near good enough to maintain consistently good form.

They’ll be lucky to amass 70 points to be honest. They’ve got two top players in Gordon and Isak, the rest are about the same level as Wolves and Palace players. Of course on a good day they could beat any team, just as anyone can in this league, but with their squad they’re nowhere near good enough to maintain consistently good form.
They've been incredibly lucky in all their matches this season. Southampton could have been out of sight at St James', Spurs missed a hatful of chances, ditto Bournemouth and yesterday Wolves were the best team but shat the bed in the last 20 minutes. Someone will give Newcastle a hiding soon.

Their home form will get them a fair few points. But they generally don't travel well. 5th or 6th at best for them.

Arsenal, unfortunately.

Still think Liverpool will be a big threat too but probably not the level they were under Klopp. Hopefully not anyway.

Arsenal without Rice and Odegaard did very well to be fair. I wrote that I wasn't that impressed with them, but I think considering it was a derby away from home and they were missing key players they managed the game really well. But the Brighton draw shows the main issue with Arsenal. They'll create chances, they'll be hard to beat but I still don't think the Emirates is a fortress or a place teams fear going to and that's perhaps still what's lacking for them.

It will be an interesting game next weekend. I would imagine they look to build on set pieces, slow things down and disrupt and counter attack. But unlike Spurs, we should be able to create more opportunities and with the squad pretty much fully fit have so much quality to win the game.

But the Brighton draw shows the main issue with Arsenal. They'll create chances, they'll be hard to beat but I still don't think the Emirates is a fortress or a place teams fear going to and that's perhaps still what's lacking for them.

They're a good team, no question about it. Raya is a considerable improvement on Ramsdale, and their defence is pretty bloody solid. No arguing with that.
They do not have a killer up front. There's the rub. We do. Of course, if he gets badly injured, then that might shift things. We do, though, have rather a lot of players who like to score, all over the park. Going right back to Johnny Stones and Rúben.

They're a good team, no question about it. Raya is a considerable improvement on Ramsdale, and their defence is pretty bloody solid. No arguing with that.
They do not have a killer up front. There's the rub. We do. Of course, if he gets badly injured, then that might shift things. We do, though, have rather a lot of players who like to score, all over the park. Going right back to Johnny Stones and Rúben.

I reckon we'll see the De Bruyne/Haaland combination on Sunday looking to pull the CBs apart and potentially go a bit more direct again. They're a good partnership undoubtedly, but I don't think they're as worthy of the praise they're getting - typical of the overhyped social media age we live in. Solanke was doing well in the battle with Saliba yesterday, Spurs just completely lost their way in the game. And Raya still has a mistake in him when under pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.