Premier League Games 16/17/18/19 August 2024

I was waiting for that one
About six years ago a mate of mine here fell on some hard times and I agreed to loan him a not-insignificant amount of money as long as he promised to stop sport betting, seek counselling, allow a mutual friend (who was a CPA) to take over his finances for a year whilst he paid me back, AND he let me get all of his betting slips from the last 10 years (he only bet on three big online betting sites, each with exceptionally good record keeping).

I ended up spending a few weeks tabulating his bets, putting together a P/L for the period.

Once all was said and done I was able to show he would have +$82,000 if he simply didn’t bet, and around +100k if he had just invested the money in an index fund.

Fortunately, the counselling and professional accounting got him off it, he paid me back (interest free), and is doing much better now.

Tbf, I think most teams will look that good against Leicester.... be surprised, in fact very surprised if they don't finish bottom.
That maybe the case but a newly promoted side on their own patch for the opening game of the season is probably the hardest time to tackle them.

Looking at the track record of promoted teams over the last few years tells me you’d probably make a better return sticking your money in a fixed rate ISA than betting on that.

All three stayed up the season before last.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.