Premier League Games 16/17/18/19 August 2024

Did you know this..... Vardy is only the fifth player since the war to have scored over 100 goals in the top flight after the age of thirty.
I guarantee that no one - NO ONE - can name the other four (we're going back a fair bit).
If anyone can, I will donate a modest sum to a charity....

Did you know this..... Vardy is only the fifth player since the war to have scored over 100 goals in the top flight after the age of thirty.
I guarantee that no one - NO ONE - can name the other four (we're going back a fair bit).
If anyone can, I will donate a modest sum to a charity....

Which war?

David Herd? - I can't think of any others, even that might be wrong, and I think it is wrong. I remember reading he had scored quite a few top flight goals around the age of 30.

If its first world war, the only name I can think of is George Camsell. Lofthouse?

Last edited:
Which war?

David Herd? - I can't think of any others, even that might be wrong, and I think it is wrong. I remember reading he had scored quite a few top flight goals around the age of 30.

If its first world war, the only name I can think of is George Camsell. Lofthouse?
2nd World War. Yes, Nat lofthouse was one. The others were Tom Finney (PNE), Johnny Hancocks (Wolves)and Jack Rowley (Man Utd).

So you got one of them - and therefore you win the prize. I thought some FOCs on here might have had a go. Football history is a closed book to many, I suspect. But I love it. So much more interesting than the present day stuff.

2nd World War. Yes, Nat lofthouse was one. The others were Tom Finney (PNE), Johnny Hancocks (Wolves)and Jack Rowley (Man Utd).

So you got one of them - and therefore you win the prize. I thought some FOCs on here might have had a go. Football history is a closed book to many, I suspect. But I love it. So much more interesting than the present day stuff.

Ah yeah Tom Finney, dunno why I didn't even think of him.

I would never have got the others in a million years though, although my parents weren't born in that time, never mind myself. I do enjoy a bit of football history though, my neighbour as a kid was an old fella that used to tell me about all the old timers and collected old programmes

Ah yeah Tom Finney, dunno why I didn't even think of him.

I would never have got the others in a million years though, although my parents weren't born in that time, never mind myself. I do enjoy a bit of football history though, my neighbour as a kid was an old fella that used to tell me about all the old timers and collected old programmes
You are making me feel old.

Mind you, I suppose I am......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.