Premier League Games 16/17/18/19 August 2024

Spurs smash two uncontested shots straight at the keeper up the other end and then Vardy pops up and equalises.

How do so many players at top professional clubs just blast shots directly at a goalkeeper? Have none of them ever watched a video of Jimmy Greaves or Agüero hitting that spot just inside the post?

Wish I could say that story surprises me but I suspect your mate’s story is sadly very common. Good on you for helping him get straight though, and glad to hear he’s come out the other side of it.

I’ll be forever grateful I used to work in a newsagent that did the lottery. Seeing what people chucked away on that put me off gambling for life. There was a bloke who would come in and stick £200 on lucky dips every week. Once I remember he won about £5,000. What did he do? You already know. He spent it all on more lucky dips - turned it into about £150. More lucky dips. Won £10. That’s when I realised how gambling gets its hooks in people.
It’s much the same for stock/options/crypto trading now, with trading platforms being setup to gamify it in similar fashion. For many young people—especially young men—it has replaced sport betting for their gambling fix. A few football clubs have jumped on board to push it, including us.

I know several people who have lost far more money playing 0DTE options than sport betting recently.

Plenty of ways to legally lose money en masse these days, unfortunately.

Spurs smash two uncontested shots straight at the keeper up the other end and then Vardy pops up and equalises.

How do so many players at top professional clubs just blast shots directly at a goalkeeper? Have none of them ever watched a video of Jimmy Greaves or Agüero hitting that spot just inside the post?
Gabriel Jesus says 'hold my beer'

You didn't say anything about that in your post that I replied to. But, seeing as I'm a nice guy, I'll answer.

1st.
I’m a nice guy too! I said it was the toughest time to tackle them, champions can deal with the toughest of occasions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.