Premier League Games 19/20/21 October 2024

Results like today are obviously brilliant. But they are more brilliant within the context of Rodri’s injury. It just allows us a poor performance. And we’re gonna have them. Every point they drop, is a point less we need to win it. We ain’t approaching 90 without the main man. They keep doing this - we don’t need to.

Arteta really has shown his true colours since running out on Pep and City.

Backdoor approach by their hierarchy and he sneaked off without looking back .

He certainly doesn't deserve Pep's loyalty imo - he is a bit of a **** once the mask is removed.

the arse and him seem very suited .
100% agree with every single word of your post, congratulations! Everything you're referring to, plus attitude, behaviour etc, have already been proven, but I think it all starts with the timing of his departure...

There is a time for ambition (or should I say vanity), and a time for loyalty. It was a difficult campaign for the club, it was midseason (December), yet the man showed zero hesitation to abandon ship in the first given opportunity. Of course now we all know that he will not hesitate using all possible means to achieve his goals. No true vision, no true love, no true principles...

I will not underestimate him as a player, I'm fully aware of his talent, the fact remains however that he was never a leader -and he could never be trusted in critical moments, I'm sure Everton fans would have a lot to say about this. That's why he appears so "hungry" for success as a manager. Again, I think nobody denies his quality, Arsenal have indeed shown progress under his command. Still, it's a period of 5 fucking years, FIVE, we're talking about! During which he has spent fortunes while achieving ... what exactly?

"Deserving Pep's loyalty"? Let's be honest: He owes everything to Pep, EVERYTHING! Experience, knowledge. He was made here. Being Pep's assistant was his one and only qualification for the job he has now. It still is, if you ask me. His employers have no other choice but keep relying on that, on his past, hoping that eventually he will deliver. The same applies to him. Because he's still on the job training. Yes, this team is his creation, but his decision making during the last couple of seasons in areas such as rotation, game management, man management etc, has been a decisive factor, I would go as far as saying that he self-destructed...

PS1. I think it was in a post of an Arsenal fan participating in this forum where I read criticism regarding "lack of discipline"? I don't want to sound disrespectful, but if he's referring to Saliba's red card, well, that makes it 3 (THREE!) in 8 matches! Not something to be taken lightly, I'm afraid. Of course it's shallow, of course it's unacceptable, fact remains however that it seems consistent. So are other elements in Arsenal's game, such as time wasting (you can find very interesting facts on the matter), shithousery etc. Yeah. Well, it could mean that the team is instructed to use such stuff so as to gain an advantage, you know, at the same time hoping that players involved will somehow get away with it. Just a thought (...). As usual, everything points at the manager...

PS2. Haven't watched the match, which means I cannot make any comments. But I've read some regarding Arteta's reaction to Saliba's red. Just a reminder: On matchday 3 Arsenal are facing Brighton at home. With a narrow lead, early in the second half Rice receives a second yellow = red. Arteta's immediate reaction is to turn defensive, and right after J. Pedro's equalizer he will take Trossard off, introducing another defender in Calafiori. Radically influencing the tactical landscape of the match. With Arsenal desperately protecting the lead initially, in the process the draw. I was watching it live, could not believe my eyes. Yet the whole agenda the following days / weeks in the media was about the justification or not of a clear second yellow. A narrative where Arsenal appeared as the victims, supported by rival fans (and City haters) in social media. Not one word about Arteta's tactical handling of the match, apart from a few sentences from that clown Wright. Who basically said that, if you cannot win, you secure the draw, something like that. Really? That's how low the level of knowledge in the media is, regarding pundits and commentators shaping public opinion. You are Arsenal, fighting for the title, playing against Brighton at home. You are one man down, yes, and that's the best you can do? Adopting Helenio Herrera's catenaccio? Seriously? Why is that decision, why is that strategy self-evident? And now I am hearing about Arsenal fans having second thoughts about Arteta's "cowardly tactics". They were the same ones celebrating the draw at the Etihad Stadium, following a clearly anti-football display. I'm sorry, you cannot have it both ways...

100% agree with every single word of your post, congratulations! Everything you're referring to, plus attitude, behaviour etc, have already been proven, but I think it all starts with the timing of his departure...

There is a time for ambition (or should I say vanity), and a time for loyalty. It was a difficult campaign for the club, it was midseason (December), yet the man showed zero hesitation to abandon ship in the first given opportunity. Of course now we all know that he will not hesitate using all possible means to achieve his goals. No true vision, no true love, no true principles...

I will not underestimate him as a player, I'm fully aware of his talent, the fact remains however that he was never a leader -and he could never be trusted in critical moments, I'm sure Everton fans would have a lot to say about this. That's why he appears so "hungry" for success as a manager. Again, I think nobody denies his quality, Arsenal have indeed shown progress under his command. Still, it's a period of 5 fucking years, FIVE, we're talking about! During which he has spent fortunes while achieving ... what exactly?

"Deserving Pep's loyalty"? Let's be honest: He owes everything to Pep, EVERYTHING! Experience, knowledge. He was made here. Being Pep's assistant was his one and only qualification for the job he has now. It still is, if you ask me. His employers have no other choice but keep relying on that, on his past, hoping that eventually he will deliver. The same applies to him. Because he's still on the job training. Yes, this team is his creation, but his decision making during the last couple of seasons in areas such as rotation, game management, man management etc, has been a decisive factor, I would go as far as saying that he self-destructed...

PS1. I think it was in a post of an Arsenal fan participating in this forum where I read criticism regarding "lack of discipline"? I don't want to sound disrespectful, but if he's referring to Saliba's red card, well, that makes it 3 (THREE!) in 8 matches! Not something to be taken lightly, I'm afraid. Of course it's shallow, of course it's unacceptable, fact remains however that it seems consistent. So are other elements in Arsenal's game, such as time wasting (you can find very interesting facts on the matter), shithousery etc. Yeah. Well, it could mean that the team is instructed to use such stuff so as to gain an advantage, you know, at the same time hoping that players involved will somehow get away with it. Just a thought (...). As usual, everything points at the manager...

PS2. Haven't watched the match, which means I cannot make any comments. But I've read some regarding Arteta's reaction to Saliba's red. Just a reminder: On matchday 3 Arsenal are facing Brighton at home. With a narrow lead, early in the second half Rice receives a second yellow = red. Arteta's immediate reaction is to turn defensive, and right after J. Pedro's equalizer he will take Trossard off, introducing another defender in Calafiori. Radically influencing the tactical landscape of the match. With Arsenal desperately protecting the lead initially, in the process the draw. I was watching it live, could not believe my eyes. Yet the whole agenda the following days / weeks in the media was about the justification or not of a clear second yellow. A narrative where Arsenal appeared as the victims, supported by rival fans (and City haters) in social media. Not one word about Arteta's tactical handling of the match, apart from a few sentences from that clown Wright. Who basically said that, if you cannot win, you secure the draw, something like that. Really? That's how low the level of knowledge in the media is, regarding pundits and commentators shaping public opinion. You are Arsenal, fighting for the title, playing against Brighton at home. You are one man down, yes, and that's the best you can do? Adopting Helenio Herrera's catenaccio? Seriously? Why is that decision, why is that strategy self-evident? And now I am hearing about Arsenal fans having second thoughts about Arteta's "cowardly tactics". They were the same ones celebrating the draw at the Etihad Stadium, following a clearly anti-football display. I'm sorry, you cannot have it both ways...
I think Lego head fucked up Messi coming after we beat them at home ( Kev's free kick) ..
Lego head give Messi shit at full time..
Yea he might of deserved it (messi) for being a slapped arse but you play the long game...

I can think of lots of reasons to have a pop at Arteta but I’m struggling with criticising any coach for accepting a job offer as manager of one of the biggest clubs in the country.

Arteta really has shown his true colours since running out on Pep and City.

Backdoor approach by their hierarchy and he sneaked off without looking back .

He certainly doesn't deserve Pep's loyalty imo - he is a bit of a **** once the mask is removed.

the arse and him seem very suited .
Not having the guts to go face-to-face with Pep and Txiki to tell them he was leaving speaks volumes about the bloke.

He actually even told them he wasn’t going anywhere and then got rumbled by the paps who’d got wind of it and were outside his house at 2am while he met with the Arsenal board ‘in secret’.

Haha… What a fucking shithouse!

Pep and Txiki found out he was leaving when the pictures were in the Sun and the Mirror the next day.

The fucking ‘Ederson invented the lightbulb’ weird Just For Men never in his technical area get your players to sit down for a time out Tarquin ****.

Last edited:
I can think of lots of reasons to have a pop at Arteta but I’m struggling with criticising any coach for accepting a job offer as manager of one of the biggest clubs in the country.
Obviously I would have zero issues had he left at the end of the season. I think I was clear about that in my post, the key factor here is the timing. There is a time for ambition, there is a time for loyalty, that's what I said. He was made here, yet he chose to leave mid season, when the opportunity arrived. It's fair to say it didn't matter to him if his decision would cause problems or complications to the club that had trusted him for years, in terms of replacing him in a "sensitive" period of time etc. Perhaps I'm old school, but I can't deny that his decision on that specific timing made a negative impression to me. I understand you have no problem with it, it's OK. We agree to disagree...

Obviously I would have zero issues had he left at the end of the season. I think I was clear about that in my post, the key factor here is the timing. There is a time for ambition, there is a time for loyalty, that's what I said. He was made here, yet he chose to leave mid season, when the opportunity arrived. It's fair to say it didn't matter to him if his decision would cause problems or complications to the club that had trusted him for years, in terms of replacing him in a "sensitive" period of time etc. Perhaps I'm old school, but I can't deny that his decision on that specific timing made a negative impression to me. I understand you have no problem with it, it's OK. We agree to disagree...

I can’t remember the timing. Presumably Arsenal wanted a manager mid season and if he hadn’t accepted, they would have gone elsewhere.

I can’t imagine in those circumstances that any coach is turning down that opportunity. But anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.