Premier League Games 19/20/21 October 2024

The fans didn't like him, or his style of football. Which was crazy. He won them a European trophy 18 months or so ago. Proves the old saying, I suppose; be careful what you wish for, you may end up getting it.
It’s hardly like they won the old ECWC or even UEFA Cup… the Europa Conference is a joke.

West Ham might have got this Lopetegui appointment wrong but it doesn’t mean they were wrong not to renew Moyes’ contract.

It’s hardly like they won the old ECWC or even UEFA Cup… the Europa Conference is a joke.

West Ham might have got this Lopetegui appointment wrong but it doesn’t mean they were wrong not to renew Moyes’ contract.
It was a trophy. Which they hadn't experienced in a long, long time. Back in the dark days, we'd have done anything for a trophy.

I'd say that hurt more than the massacre.

I'm sure you're right. After about the fifth goal, I'd start messing around, having a laugh with mates if I were on the receiving end of that. I think I'd be cheering their last few goals, or at least chuckling. I'd certainly be cheering every throw in we got, and a corner would be like winning a trophy. In short, you get a bit punch drunk.
The 10-1. After the sixth or so, there's a carnival atmosphere. The handful of Hudderfield faithful behind the goal are just dancing round, having a party. When Huddersfield get their penalty, the whole ground cheers.

But to do be 2-0 up, having played reasonably well, and then to capitulate. It's the hope and euphoria being trashed that really hurts.

Last edited:
It was a trophy. Which they hadn't experienced in a long, long time. Back in the dark days, we'd have done anything for a trophy.

Exactly this. They had to qualify, play God knows how many games and actually win it. Fucking hell I got excited we might win the Full member cup against Chelsea lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.