Premier League Games 2/3/4 March '24

No point in really sacking Kompany at this stage in proceedings. 11 points off the pace with as many games to go is effectively a death sentence for any new manager coming in.

Just take the parachute payment, regroup and try and come back again next year.
Agreed. Too late to sack him now, in my opinion. Damage is done. 13 pts from 26 games is atrocious. Averaging half a point a game so far. If you say 35 pts (minimum) is the target for survival, they need 22 pts from their last 12 games. That's not going to happen.

No point in really sacking Kompany at this stage in proceedings. 11 points off the pace with as many games to go is effectively a death sentence for any new manager coming in.

Just take the parachute payment, regroup and try and come back again next year.
Only saving grace for Burnley and Kompany is the average age. It's ridiculously low at 23, which bodes well in a couple of years time. I think they'll give Kompany another chance at getting them back up.

Burnley/ Kompany can't stop the transitions and that's why they at the bottom of the league! In championship ship teams are not as clinical

Only saving grace for Burnley and Kompany is the average age. It's ridiculously low at 23, which bodes well in a couple of years time. I think they'll give Kompany another chance at getting them back up.

I agree - I hope so. I see a lot of good things in the way Burnley play, they just seem to not quite have the personnel to pull it off at this level. They create their own problems through naivety and making the wrong decisions in those crucial areas. It wouldn't need a huge improvement for them to start to see much better results.

Given Kompany inherited a club that had about 5 players he has done a remarkable job to get them here in the first place, he's earned the right to get more time and resources.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.