Premier League Games 20/21/22 January '24

How many times do you see a manager go back to a club after several years and it works? Honestly?
Yes, very occasionally. Mourinho went back to Chelsea after several years and had a brief second honeymoon, in which they were champions again. We know how rapidly it went downhill after that.
I'll never for the life of me understand why clubs believe in it. Why the managers themselves seem to believe in it (well, their bank balances believe in it, for sure…). Why often the fans themselves believe in it.
Hodgson has had a decent run. He's been all around the houses. Not the world's worst manager. Not the world's best either. He could have retired with grace and dignity a few years back. The guy's seventy-six. i don't dislike the guy, but this time, he's going to be run out of town by Palace and their fans.
I was no longer around when Big Mal came back. I'd be curious to know what the feeling was like on the terraces and in the stands. Was opinion divided? I myself was doubtful (and I'm not being wise after the event).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.