Premier League Games 21/22/23/24 December '23

Results, yes. No arguing with that.
Performances is another story, though, isn't it? We restricted Liverpool to no chances whatosever in the second half (and precious few in the first), apart from the one they scored from. How often do you see anyone do that to Liverpool? We outplayed them. Not by a lot, but we outplayed them. We certainly matched Arsenal, who were actually made to look afraid of us for much of the match. At their own ground. We were certainly guilty of not going and taking the game by the scruff of the neck, and taking the three points that were just begging to be taken. Lousy deflected goal.
Bernardo is not wrong in his evaluation. The performances have not been bad. They've been belied by the the results. But it's fine margins.
I've got a good feeling about the second half of the season.
I think it's fair to say City have a higher ceiling than Liverpool and Arsenal, it's up to the team to get to that level. City still favourites for me, but they need to cut out some of the nonsense results of the past few weeks.

History tells me they will do it.

The point is that simply beating Everton won't mean we are just 3 points off the top?
Of course I want us to win but there is no point inventing facts to make it so?
That is exactly what the situation would be...

the title has been blown open as much as it could have with this result and the fact IS we win our game in hand then were 3 points behind as it stands, not giddy its fact
Yes but our game in hand isn't next week against Everton. Liverpool play Burnley before we play Everton so it's likely we will be 8 points behind them when we take to the field so claims of "beating Everton and being 3 points off the top" are wide of the mark surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.