Premier League Games 21/22 December

Even at City?

I agree with you on that point. I’ve been going to City since the last few years at Maine Road and the only racism I’ve previously heard of within that time is sickening antisemitism directed at Spurs fans, but even then it was only a couple of times in nearly two decades.

It does just seem to be the odd idiot now but it’s happening far too often.
I heard a lot mate. And very rarely got backed up by fellow fans when I challenged it. I got into arguments at least 5 or 6 times a season over some dick thinking he was funny

We'll always have idiots that will be racist, we can't control that totally, and you exaggerate that its nearly every week, it isn't, its still rare, its far more common outside the UK, I would imagine that Italy and Spain (and most of eastern europe) are about 20 years behind the UK. 30 years ago, it was every week, at every stadium, but even isolated incidents are sad.

Its not racism, but only a few weeks ago some of our fans were chanting "chelsea rent boys", its the same issue largely, and just as bad.
I'd veered off into football in general

Yes even at City, some used to even take the piss out of our own, Alex Williams for one!..... And at that time TV was rife with it, Love thy neighbour, On the buses, Till death us do part to name a few...

Even at City?

I agree with you on that point. I’ve been going to City since the last few years at Maine Road and the only racism I’ve previously heard of within that time is sickening antisemitism directed at Spurs fans, but even then it was only a couple of times in nearly two decades.

It does just seem to be the odd idiot now but it’s happening far too often.
I mentioned it in another thread but yesterday there was an arsehole in 109 shouting antisemitic and racist abuse at one of the Leicester fans with others backing him up. My son was nearby. Unfortunately he didn’t report him but apparently neither did anyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.