Premier League Games 24/25 August 2024

The fawning whenever Alexander-Arnold plays the kind of basic pass other players do ten times per game with zero fanfare makes me irrationally angry.

Perfect example there, Jensen whips in a lovely cross. Not even a mention. If "Trent" did that, they'd still be chatting about it ten minutes later.

About one-in-five direct free kicks in the final third are taken as shots. About 5% of them are scored - generally between 15-30 per season or one every one to two weeks - though last season was an all-time low of about 3.88%.

The low success rate has led to a trend of fewer shots being taken by teams unless the positioning is more optimal:

View attachment 129518
Nice one, thanks. I wonder if that 1 in 5 is different when it's in front of goal. I'm guessing in the final third would include the ones out wide where it's obviously a cross into the box. However, the success rate is poor and I wonder how many of them are ballooned over

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.