Premier League Games 3/4/5/8 Feb '23

I've always thought him as possibly the most overrated player in the Premier League in the modern era. I don't get the hype about him at all. Different type of player, granted, but Kante in his prime was infinitely more influential to Chelsea than Mount.
Agree with all of that.

When he should pass, he shoots, when he should shoot he attempts a pass and it either falls short or is terrible. His anticipation isn’t great as well. He’ll start a good move but can kill it by himself.

Agree with all of that.

When he should pass, he shoots, when he should shoot he attempts a pass and it either falls short or is terrible. His anticipation isn’t great as well. He’ll start a good move but can kill it by himself.
He's been very good at rolling about the floor tonight.

I've always thought him as possibly the most overrated player in the Premier League in the modern era. I don't get the hype about him at all. Different type of player, granted, but Kante in his prime was infinitely more influential to Chelsea than Mount.

Off the ball he's very good at pressing, organising the team, winning the ball back and on the ball he speeds up play with one touch passes, often provides the link passes which set them going on a counter attack, doesn't lose the ball cheaply, always shows for it when teammates are under pressure.

He's not very flashy, doesn't carry the ball or score spectacular goals but he does the basics really well and is extremely intelligent.

Southgate, Lampard, Tuchel and Potter have all absolutely loved him and said he's the guy who understands how they want the team to play and puts in in action. Pep's been full of praise for him as well. You might not like the first 2 as managers, but the latter 3 know what they're talking about.

He also got nearly 30 goals + assists last season which is very helpful.

The only reason he gets hate on here is because people have decided he's getting picked over Foden for England, even though Southgate made it very clear he sees Foden as a front 3 player and Mount as a midfielder so they don't overlap at all.

Pep would rip Mudryk a new one with his attempts at tracking back but I can understand his frustration. The attacks break down when he gets on his bike.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.