Premier League games 4/5/6/7 December

And everyone else was shit that season. No way Spurs will come close to the title.
You may end up being correct but at the moment there are few signs that anyone is going to run away with it and the main players could be classed as being shit again (points wise). If it took 90+ points again to win it, i am with you, I don’t think Spurs get there. If it’s 80ish points, I think they will be in the mix.

That’s a fair point, though, as we were discussing who was the better player, I was providing per 90 stats from last season (the most recent complete data universe) That is because for most absolute determinations relevant to a current or near-future period (assessment of current preference or superiority), recency is king (i.e. you need a sufficient universe, but the more recent the data in that universe, the more accurate the forecasting likely is).

After a certain point (which one has to define in context of the system in which the evaluation is taking place), the further you go back in time, the less relevant the data for current assessments. It works the other way, as well: if you limit your universe to only very recent data, you tend to only capture transient states, rather than likely persistent ones.

Defining a relevant, representative, statistical significant universe is half the battle in data analytics, modelling, and forecasting.

All of that said, I didn’t see their historical conversion rates in the links you posted — could you focus my view on them?

Genuinely interested to look at them.
I can’t wait for these stats jokes.

Jesus fucking Christ. Mourinho has found his soul mate with Spurs. Dirty fucking **** players, underdog mentality. Park the bus for 90 minutes, 3 shots on target, 2 goals. Fucking infuriating to watch but what's even more ridiculous is how many teams play into his trap. Fuck me.

That’s a fair point, though, as we were discussing who was the better player, I was providing per 90 stats from last season (the most recent complete data universe) That is because for most absolute determinations relevant to a current or near-future period (assessment of current preference or superiority), recency is king (i.e. you need a sufficient universe, but the more recent the data in that universe, the more accurate the forecasting likely is).

After a certain point (which one has to define in context of the system in which the evaluation is taking place), the further you go back in time, the less relevant the data for current assessments. It works the other way, as well: if you limit your universe to only very recent data, you tend to only capture transient states, rather than likely persistent ones.

Defining a relevant, representative, statistical significant universe is half the battle in data analytics, modelling, and forecasting.

All of that said, I didn’t see their historical conversion rates in the links you posted — could you focus my view on them?

Genuinely interested to look at them.
Beautifully written.

All I’m going to say with regard to the Son versus Jesus debate which has been ongoing;

In Son’s first season at Spurs he was 23 (the age Jesus is now) - he scored 4 in 28 league games.

Son is at his peak, playing in a set-up which is geared to support him and Kane.

His best league return to date is 14 goals so his current season of 9 in 10 is stunning for him.

Unfortunately we can’t have all of the best players at their peak all of the time. I’ve a feeling that Jesus will continue to develop and improve his stats.

I don’t think Jesus is our problem, finding the right player to replace Sergio is much more important, and in the meantime getting him back into the 18 would be nice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.