Premier League Games 8/9 April '23

I think we will have to be perfect to win the league...other than us and maybe the Newcastle game they will win the rest and they ate capable of going to St James Park and getting something.

Nope Arsenal are favourites.
Not IMO.

I'd back us to beat them at the Etihad. Not only is it a huge home advantage, Pep's record against Arteta is impressive. Assuming we do that then if we both win all our other games, likely we win the league on goal difference.

The only way that doesn't happen is if we drop more points than them in our remaining games. I think we're less likely to drop points than they are, and for me then, that makes us favourites.

Not IMO.

I'd back us to beat them at the Etihad. Not only is it a huge home advantage, Pep's record against Arteta is impressive. Assuming we do that then if we both win all our other games, likely we win the league on goal difference.

The only way that doesn't happen is if we drop more points than them in our remaining games. I think we're less likely to drop points than they are, and for me then, that makes us favourites.
Well its all about opinions. Arsenal still have a six point lead on us and don't have to win every game. We do and we haven't put together a run this season anything like what is needed from here on in. But I've got everything crossed.

Well its all about opinions. Arsenal still have a six point lead on us and don't have to win every game. We do and we haven't put together a run this season anything like what is needed from here on in. But I've got everything crossed.
Not necessarily. If we beat them, and win the game in hand (is it the Brighton game?), we only have to match what they do. The obvious elephant in the room could be goal difference. We're slightly better off than them on that score as of now.

Not necessarily. If we beat them, and win the game in hand (is it the Brighton game?), we only have to match what they do. The obvious elephant in the room could be goal difference. We're slightly better off than them on that score as of now.
True. Brighton away won't be easy. FWIW I think both teams will drop further points, but clearly we are now in a better position than we were 2 days ago. One game at a time.

The bottom line is no one knows what's going to happen. I think it will remain nip and tuck tbh. I'm just glad we've got a bit more control after yesterday's result.

Sure about opinions.

I don't agree that we need to win every game though. (We do need to beat them at our place, that's a given.)

But beyond that, it's about who drops the least number of points in their other games. Arsenal have 7 other games and we have 8. The teams that drops the least number of points in those remaining games, wins the title. And if we both drop the same number, or none, then likely we win it on GD.

In a way, it's similar to the 11/12 season when United were 5 points ahead and then drew with Everton making it a 3 point gap, but they still had to come to the Etihad.

I mean their next match is against West Ham, who are relegation candidates and London rivals to Arsenal. Easy win for Arsenal
On paper yes, but pressure can do strange things to a team. Anything can happen from here on. I mean the game at Anfield the other day, Arsenal were absolutely coasting until Xhaka had his little moment, crowd get wound up and all of a sudden it's game on. In the end they were lucky to come away with a point. I've wanted to see Arsenal put under a bit of pressure to see how they perform. They put themselves under pressure against the dippers and they didn't cope well at all. Anything can happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.