Premier League Games March 31st & April 1st

No booking afaik

Should have been a booking. As should Lamela's on Fabregas. Certainly, that's what Dermot Gallagher thought. Even if some might disagree, neither was so obviously a red card offence that they will be dealt with retrospectively.

The only player who, according to the laws of the game, should unquestionably have been sent off was Fabregas for kicking out at Lamela in retaliation.

Should have been a booking. As should Lamela's on Fabregas. Certainly, that's what Dermot Gallagher thought. Even if some might disagree, neither was so obviously a red card offence that they will be dealt with retrospectively.

The only player who, according to the laws of the game, should unquestionably have been sent off was Fabregas for kicking out at Lamela in retaliation.

That challenge by Vertongen is a red. I haven't seen the Lamela.

https://www.football.london/tottenh.../chelsea-spurs-lamela-vertonghen-red-14483068

The fact that there are differing opinions even among former top referees means that this isn't one of those clearcut cases that will be referred to an FA panel. It's easy to make a tackle look far worse in slo-mo. In real time, it looks like a yellow to me.

It looks worse at full speed. Full impact of studs up into ankle. Red all day.

Shock horror. We didn’t see that coming.

I might just as easily say the same about those who claim that it should have been a red card.

I fully accept that this is a borderline case but the very fact that two former referees can't agree as to which card should have been shown means that there is next to zero chance that the FA will intervene retrospectively - which is the suggestion that I was replying to.

I might just as easily say the same about those who claim that it should have been a red card.

I fully accept that this is a borderline case but the very fact that two former referees can't agree as to which card should have been shown means that there is next to zero chance that the FA will intervene retrospectively - which is the suggestion that I was replying to.
We’re not Chelsea fans though, so we don’t have a dog in the fight. Did you have a nice Xmas btw?

We’re not Chelsea fans though, so we don’t have a dog in the fight. Did you have a nice Xmas btw?

Not Chelsea fans, perhaps, but Spurs haters definitely! Which is fine. I have no problem with it.

Thank you for asking, Christmas was great but a long time ago. Do you mean Easter?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.