Premier League Games March 31st & April 1st

Not Chelsea fans, perhaps, but Spurs haters definitely! Which is fine. I have no problem with it.

Thank you for asking, Christmas was great but a long time ago. Do you mean Easter?
I’m not a Spurs hater anymore than a Chelsea hater tbh, but I cannot account for everyone on here.
I meant Xmas as you were inactive from November to February so I thought I’d ask. Happy New Year btw.

I’m not a Spurs hater anymore than a Chelsea hater tbh, but I cannot account for everyone on here.
I meant Xmas as you were inactive from November to February so I thought I’d ask. Happy New Year btw.

Thank you. And to you too.

Indeed. Which is probably why you see it as "not even borderline" while Dermot Gallagher sees it as a yellow.

Whereas every other independent assessor says red. I'll go with the majority not a one-eyed fans view.

Sure if Alli was on the receiving end he would have made it into a red.

Another spurs tackle not played on loop for a ban...funny that...?

Whereas every other independent assessor says red. I'll go with the majority not a one-eyed fans view.

Sure if Alli was on the receiving end he would have made it into a red.

The only other qualified person I've seen comment on the matter is Keith Hackett, who disagrees with Dermot Gallagher. The fact that even referees cannot agree having reviewed the footage is all the evidence you need that this is a borderline decision and therefore not one that the FA are likely to call in for retrospective punishment. That's all I've been suggesting.

@JimB, if that had been on Kane by, say, Rudiger, what would you have been shouting for? Be honest.

At the time? A sending off, naturally. As any fan would, looking to gain an advantage for their team.

In retrospect, my opinion would be as it is now. That it isn't nearly as bad a tackle as some are making out. It was a fraction late. But Vertonghen wasn't travelling at speed. He didn't run and launch himself from a great distance. He wasn't airborne, out of control and reckless. His eyes were clearly on the ball. His studs were up, yes - but only because he was stretching, not because he was stamping. It was a fractionally mistimed challenge which was made to look worse because of the speed at which Hazard was travelling. Certainly worthy of a yellow. Potentially a borderline red, I suppose, but not sufficiently so to warrant a retrospective punishment IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.