Premier League Games (midweek) 23/24/25 April '24

He looks like someone who just wants it all to end so he can leave the game and enjoy his fortune. I can’t see him in punditry. He will do a David Batty and just disappear- but not before a stint in the States.

We got the best of his career and I thank him for that.
I don’t think he likes football. He’s never really been that arsed when you look back. He’s happy to have won stuff, naturally, but it feels like more of a job to him than his passion.

He doesn’t crave the limelight either. I suspect he’ll disappear out of the public domain as soon as he’s finished.

I don’t think he likes football. He’s never really been that arsed when you look back. He’s happy to have won stuff, naturally, but it feels like more of a job to him than his passion.

He doesn’t crave the limelight either. I suspect he’ll disappear out of the public domain as soon as he’s finished.
It happens. I can never remember who it was but there was a player for Arsenal mid 00s who openly said he hates football but he just happens to be good at it. He hates the game though. Made his money out of it and that was that.

I think sometimes people forget this is their job. Some love all aspects of it and some, like it seems with Sterling, just do it because they can.

It happens. I can never remember who it was but there was a player for Arsenal mid 00s who openly said he hates football but he just happens to be good at it. He hates the game though. Made his money out of it and that was that.

I think sometimes people forget this is their job. Some love all aspects of it and some, like it seems with Sterling, just do it because they can.
Yep, Assou-Ekotto openly admitted he hated football. Batty did too.

Apologies if I have butchered Benoit’s surname!

That rings a bell..
Was it someone who said they prefer golf??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.