Premier League Manager of the Season - Pep, Klopp, Pochettino, Nuno.

domalino

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1210893

It's that time of year again where pundits and opposition fans queue up to give their reasons why a manager doing quite well deserves this award more than the manager doing things that have never been done before in history with dozens of records broken along the way.

The Candidates are -

Pep Guardiola

On the verge of becoming the first manager to defend the title in 10 years.

Might win the first ever domestic treble (quadruple).

Has gotten the 1st and 2nd highest league points totals in history in back to back years.

Won 16 of the last 17 (with 1 to play) games to overhaul a 7 point deficit at NYD - something that's never been done before.

Currently on the 2nd longest winning streak in Premier League history.

Jurgen Klopp

Almost as good as Pep in the league.

Pochettino.

Only lost 13 games (so far), currently in 4th with the same team that finished 3rd last year.

Has finished the season with 10 losses in his last 14 games, almost costing the club Champions League football when their financial future depended on qualifying by pulling out spectacular losses against Burnley, West Ham, Southampton and Bournemouth.

Nuno Espirito Santos

Finished 7th with the 8th or 9th best squad.

Obviously a very close race this year with 4 candidates who are neck and neck in terms of what they've achieved.

Last edited:
It is stupid to determine theses awards before the final games of the season.
If City win the treble (a big if as their are two games to go) then it should be Pep - bearing in mind that no one has done it before. If Liverpool win the title then it should be Klopp.

Last edited:
Why is poch in there? he went from title contender to scrapping for 4th,i like the wolves manager but really?
Has to be pep or klipperty,whoever wins the league
What am i saying,it will be klopp even if they come 2nd,having to compete without spending loads of money and all

Why is poch in there? he went from title contender to scrapping for 4th,i like the wolves manager but really?
Has to be pep or klipperty,whoever wins the league
What am i saying,it will be klopp even if they come 2nd,having to compete without spending loads of money and all
I'm sure Guardiola will be quite happy letting Klopp have a subjective and largely meaningless Manager of the Year award if he's winning a domestic treble instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.